Scr3 Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
roadiewill said:
Just a quick question about the SCR3, I changed the tyres the other day and having put the wheels back on, Ive noticed that the wheel is no longer central - its slightly to the right by about 5mm, This then cause the right hand side brake block to have greater contact than the left one. Ive checked that the wheel is fitted to rotate the right way also. Any ideas?
This certainly doesn't seem right. The wheel should return to exactly the same place... 5mm sounds a lot. Relative to the frame/forks is the wheel central? The brakes can be knocked aside when fitting a wheel and may just need a bit of gentle pushing back into place.

RedBike

roadiewill said:
Just a quick question about the SCR3, I changed the tyres the other day and having put the wheels back on, Ive noticed that the wheel is no longer central - its slightly to the right by about 5mm, This then cause the right hand side brake block to have greater contact than the left one. Ive checked that the wheel is fitted to rotate the right way also. Any ideas?

5mm relative to the frame? This is way out. Most race bikes don't even have this much clearance to begin with.

You've more than likely not seated the wheel correctly in the dropouts or you've knocked the brake caliper which makes the wheel look off central.

Try turning the wheel around (I know the rear wont work this way) is there still a 5mm gap? Which side is the gap now on? If it's on the same side then your frame / forks are twisted. If it's the other side then your wheels dished wrongly.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Sorted it now, must've been the wheel not sitting correctly...pretty worrying seing as I was going close to 40mph on it last saturday!!!

Top Bottom