Scrabble, Chess, Draughts, Dominoes or Go?

Scrabble, Chess, Draughts, Dominoes or Go

• Scrabble

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chess

• Dominoes

• Draughts

• Go

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slim

Über Member
Another one for backgammon.

Wooden board.
Beer.
Taking the piss when the opponent gets shut out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I haven't played scrabble for ages. We had Junior Scrabble when I was a kid (well, it's still up in the attic I think), did anyone else have that? On one side was a grid of words already laid out, and you had to put the tiles down on the letters in order (2 each go) and you got a point for being the one to put the last letter down in any word. So there was a lot of luck, over what letters you got, but you had to keep you eye on all the words to see what chances you had available. And the other side was more like grown up scrabble, only the letters didn't have scores, and there were no scores on the board, you just got a point for each letter...

Playing real scrabble, my Mum once got to put 'night' down in front of 'watchman' and that got a pretty good total.

Anyone remember Skirrik? Skirrip? (sp?) Sort of scrabble but with numbers and different shaped pieces you had to tessalate...

Arch

Married to Night Train
abchandler said:
I had skirrid. is that what you're thinking of?

Skirrid, I was literally just going to post that I'd remembered the name!

Yes, that's the one. I seem to remember it as being a very long winded game, but that might just be the result of a 10 year old doing all the adding and multipying...

I wonder if Mum still has ours...?

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Mr Pig said:
My question would be, do you want to fall out with him or not?

Personaly, I love chess and love playing whether I win or loose. As he's the guest maybe you'd better let him decide?

We played Scrabble in the end. He still whipped my ass! Still, good fun. Cheers for suggestions.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
A propos of that, my daughter was given the new electronic cashless version of monopoly for her birthday. It makes the game about ten times faster when you're playing with kids of that age, but I still kind of miss having the piles of banknotes...

No piles of banknotes! Where's the fun in that! :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Uncle Mort said:
I know. It's harder to nick a few quid from your opponents while they nip to the loo as well :smile:
Yeah, but modern kids can hack into each other's accounts and nick stuff anyway! :biggrin:

Top Bottom