scrap car value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Find out if they really will 'buy any car' dot com.
We Buy Any Car offered me less than the scrap value for my car (then about £100) and it still had several months MOT. They should be called 'We Buy Any Car At A Ridiculous Price'.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
stick it on eBay listing for £200 and be specific about everything. Have it as spares or repairs and state Ono. Will probably go for less but you will get interest and the listings cost aroun £14 I think. Do it as a listing though and not auction and stick your mobile on there. Took me about an hour to get my first call when I sold my corsa last year.

hedder2212

we dabble in scrap cars at work - You would be better off posting up as spares and repairs, youll get one of two types of buyer wanting it, a breaker (like we do) who only wants it to take all the good bits off it and then scrap or sell the shell etc making a bit of a profit or a 17 year old who will want to put a 2.0 turbo engine into it. Theyre a boy racers car and corsas always sell quick.
Scrap is around £75-£80 a ton at the moment and with selling as spares/repairs you wont have to worry about getting it there etc, just make it clear in your listing they'll need a trailer or a dolly to shift it.

young Ed

Veteran
when our ford mondeo failed it's MOT at about 13 year old or so on grounds of the rear suspension starting to go with jut over 215,000 genuine miles on the clock and never had any engine or gear box problems etc so all original so we drove her down the local car scrappy and they gave us £200. it was running perfectly and the gearbox was great just the rear suspension (still original) was starting to go
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Sold via Gumtree spares or repair , £150 daughters happy with that^_^

Top Bottom