Scrap or repair my old bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
@phil-b: "the 26inch wheel mtb format is a thing of the past"
Assuredly not the case, btw
@phil-b: "who makes them now?"
Thank you for asking (but null points for laziness).
https://mtbdatabase.com/bikes/?prod_mtbdb[refinementList][bike_year][0]=2023&prod_mtbdb[refinementList][bike_wheel_size][0]=26"

Last edited:
OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
I have never found the bike to be particularly comfortable. I saw a suggestion that it maybe due to the very straight MTB style handlebars. I am not using the bike as a MTB but more of a city bike and some swept back handlebars may suit me better.

On-one OG bars seemed like a good option but they seem to be unavailable. Does anyone know of a similar bar with a 31.8 Center

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
You could look at something like Deda Elementi Streetisimo Urban Bike Streetbar if you need a lot of sweep

Alternatively, you could change the stem to a 25.4 and go for something like Brand X Trekking High Rise Handlebar

OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
Lots, but do you really want to spend out on one? It may or may not work for you. A very rigid, overbuilt alu frame might not be comfortable.
yes that is the dilemma I have been wrestling with. it really needs a new fork and add bars and a saddle to that as well as new tyres and it starts to add up fast.

yes that is the dilemma I have been wrestling with. it really needs a new fork and add bars and a saddle to that as well as new tyres and it starts to add up fast.

Yeah, get another. There are amazing bikes out there now.

I couldn't sell a Dawes Horizon on here for £40 last year. Such a bike would be £1000 if you bought it new!

Top Bottom