Scrapped: Emmelle Cougar MTB, 1991ish, basic transport (Derby) £10 White Turbo saddle £5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello

Clearing out my storage unit. I have an Emmelle Cougar in "tasteful" early nineties gold and black. Top of the range (for Emmelle,) with a Taiwanese cromo frame that actually isn't that bad. It isn't a million miles away from an expedition touring bike, people have been around the world on bikes that are far less suitable.

Frame is about 23" although I haven't measured it exactly. It would suit someone upwards of 6'2".

It's OK. Could do with new tyres but I will throw in a 26 x 1.5 slick.

£10 isn't bad for a complete bike, is it?

Collect from Derby. Sorry, it is too much faffing to post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
Skip's arriving next week - speak now or forever hold your peace! I hate to throw these things out, but I have no room for more bikes. Also a Selle Turbo in white - a bit scuffed but all there - £5 collected or £5 plus postage!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's a bit late now, but don't you have a bike recycling charity scheme in Derby***? There is at least one up here in the Calder Valley, and my sister and I went to one in Exeter to buy a recycled bike for my niece.

*** I just searched... you DO!

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
*** I just searched... you DO!

They wouldn't collect (in fact last time I tried to contact them they wouldn't return my call!) and I don't have a car to deliver it to them - riding the bike there would mean a trip to my archive, a bike ride to deliver then two buses to get home.

Sorry, there's only so much charity I can offer. I did my best to find a new home for the bike and when I couldn't I have left it out for someone to weigh in. It might become a piece of another bike at some point in the future.

I'm not going to feel like I've done something bad because I've got rid of a bike no-one wanted to buy for a really cursory amount, far less than it's cost me. It came with a new tyre which cost more than the bike!

Last edited:
Top Bottom