Screaming??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Why?

On the way to work today and at the weekend whilst out training I had people leaning out of their passenger window and sceam/yell/shout incomprehensible things at me. Why? Can't see any reason for it given my road position, could obviously have been my black lycra encased and honed body gave offense but I doubt it. Anyhooo...it scared the bejazyzus out of me each time it happened and I don't like it :angry:

Is this a frequent happening that I've just become aware of and am I really so different that it scares the redneck pikey inbreds of the West Midlands?

No offence Mr Paul :ohmy: remember Mrs JP is Acocks Greenian by birth.

gazzaputt

jiggerypokery said:
Why?

Is this a frequent happening that I've just become aware of and am I really so different that it scares the redneck pikey inbreds of the West Midlands?

No it is country wide. Chavs seem to think it's funny.

I must admit I haven't had this (yet:rolleyes:). I've had every other type of abuse but not just random shouting to try and scare me or make me fall off. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Tynan

Veteran
get this from time to time, sometimes good natured, sometimes not

I try to ignore it, sometimes a friendly finger as the situation allows

levad

Veteran
I've had this happen once and the cage occupants shouted "Nice helmet", I took this as a compliment :smile:

Yeah, this happens constantly.

It doesn't just happen to cyclists though, it happens to anyone who looks "different". It happens constantly to my gf, who looks very striking, and even more if the two of us are walking together, me all dressed in black and her all in red.

Its a darn good job that we don't have the kind of gun posession as in the USA or these inbreds would find themslelvs getting a salute of their own.

Doesn't really happen to me and anyway I got the headphones on so it's ignored as it should be.

Cab

Once again, its all about the fact that you're on a bike and they have small penises. Really. They've got rather insular world views, they're so insecure that they try to get reassurance from each other by being nasty to people who fall into different groups. As racism is now mostly denied to them, they'll go for cyclists or anyone else who they see as a soft target.

Pity them, they're all utterly humiliated every time they take their pants off.

andygates

It's not that they're hung like mice, it's that they have tiny brains.

"Waaargh!" is actually Chavvish for "I'm a thickie!"

janm399

Veteran
I got a "nice ass" and "go, go, fast bastard" when I was out this Sunday. In both cases, the shouts were pretty friendly. It must have been the wonderful sunshine!

Top Bottom