Screen size help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cabbieman

Hi. I'm new to this turbo malarkey and presently just use my phone to watch YouTube videos whilst I'm pedalling. I'd like a bigger screen to watch them on though. I'm sitting about 3 feet away from my phone and it's too small. I'd like something a bit more subversive if I can but don't have a great deal of space so the smallest I could get away with please but also useable.
Can I ask what you guys use and sizes please and any other advice that might be useful. I'm using a fan which is a massive help.

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Laptop connected to a 24" 1920 by 1200 monitor

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have a 32 inch 1080 tv I am using as a monitor that is sat on an Ikea billy bookcase. The other shelves hold the fans I have, one above and one below, to cool me down. You could feed the tv from a laptop if you wish, I have an Intel Nuc for that. Also a stand for the laptop or keyboard is helpful. Something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0099PIYQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Because I am exercising I don't feel the need the super clarity of a full on monitor. I am lucky to have the space for this setup

U

User6179

At 3ft I use 18" and it is plenty, according to this site 15" is minimum recommended at 3ft.
distance.jpg

Bigger is better, get a curved 55" and enjoy an immersive experience.
It will be like being there, honest.:tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was thinking about this subject a few days ago now that winter is approaching. I feel less inclined to go out in bad weather than I used to so. I intend to use my old desktop PC and its 19 inch widescreen monitor for turbo YouTube duties. I have a new laptop which is much more powerful than the desktop so it won't get used for anything else and it isn't worth selling it.

I have an old 35W/channel stereo amp and a decent pair of speakers going spare too so I will use them to listen to the videos.

ColinJ

Which reminds me ... the PC does not have a wifi connection so it connects to the Internet via an Ethernet cable which is currently routed to my attic office/studio. I will be using the turbo trainer in the bedroom on the first floor of the house so I will have to reroute the cable.

I have one of those little fold-up TV tables which never gets used for its intended purpose so that will become a conveniently small computer desk to be placed directly in front of the TT.

pawl

Legendary Member
Never watch U Tube when on the turbo.I ride along to Status Quo on my I pad. Great for matching your pedalling rate.Fast steady recovery pace.

I am just an ageing rocker.

CXRAndy

Guru
You stalking me? Thats what I've been running for about 3 years. I need the large font sizes :unsure::whistle:

It's an age thing. I got my NUC last year after laptop died. It's a i5 with twin HDs, I had plans to use it for video storage, but it never happened. I had a few week of instability with the Nuc-cured with a bios update, been fantastic since.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Which reminds me ... the PC does not have a wifi connection so it connects to the Internet via an Ethernet cable which is currently routed to my attic office/studio. I will be using the turbo trainer in the bedroom on the first floor of the house so I will have to reroute the cable.
Use a powerline adapter. Someting like these
http://uk.tp-link.com/products/list-18.html

I have one of those little fold-up TV tables which never gets used for its intended purpose so that will become a conveniently small computer desk to be placed directly in front of the TT.
I had to buy new.

ColinJ

Use a powerline adapter. Someting like these
http://uk.tp-link.com/products/list-18.html
That was my original intention when I moved into this house but then I remembered that I had a 25 metre ethernet cable which was long enough to get from my router up to the PC in the attic so I used that instead. All I need to do now is to unclip the cable from the second staircase and reroute it under the door of the room in which the TT is now located.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
48" in the man cave...........set-up to a PC for youtube, sky, zwift, whatever takes my fancy when on the turbo. My smartphone is ant+ so i use that to run the turbo along with the Elite App

Top Bottom