Scud Down South

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
....Or more, Scuffed Down South. Sorry scudupnorth..... Oh, I can't find that name in the members list now.....

So, there I was, out for a ride earlier (not a Commuter run, but it was during the rush hour, so practically everyone else was) and was waiting at the set of lights to go westwards from where the 'Squinty Bridge' is in Glasgow. Near to the SECC anyway.
A rider came up side me and said something along the lines of 'Nice day', to which I replied with a suitable response. Anyway, the lights changed and I went to get going, but unfortunately, my foot came out of the clippless pedal as I was pushing down on it.

Not only did I topple over, but I hit the crossbar as I slipped if you get my drift, hence the thread title! :blush: :laugh:

I was there sorting myself out by the road side and I got a concerned comment from a passer by and a couple of cyclists who were going my way also, a man and a woman. If you were one of the cyclists, thanks, it was much appreciated (the guy had one of those helmets with the pink and yellow bits on it like something straight out of the early '90s, and went over the Bells Bridge) I did say that it was probably what I deserved for riding the TT bike in the middle of Rush Hour, but, anyway!

I think I'll need to tighten the clips again....

I decided to take it easy after that. Incidentally, the guy who talked to me originally at the lights looked strangely familiar. I just hope it wasn't Magnatom, that'd just be embarrassing beyond beleif! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Ouch! Sounds like a take away the pain but leave the swelling job^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
MDB, that spot is jinxed, it's where the taxi driver called me idiot!
Hope you're ok! Don't worry about the "Big One", I'm pretty sure he does not go further than the Western :ph34r:

Top Bottom