Sealskinz Merino Socks - Fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricksavery

Über Member
Don't know if this helps, but I'm a size 10 and the 9-11's fit me fine without feeling baggy. They feel quite snug and, to be honest, if I was a larger size they would feel a bit restrictive as they don't seem to stretch much - but then mine are quite new so others may tell a different story. Personally, I would go with the larger 12-14 so my toes wouldn't feel scrunched up.

OP
OP
C

chris_db

Don't know if this helps, but I'm a size 10 and the 9-11's fit me fine without feeling baggy. They feel quite snug and, to be honest, if I was a larger size they would feel a bit restrictive as they don't seem to stretch much - but then mine are quite new so others may tell a different story. Personally, I would go with the larger 12-14 so my toes wouldn't feel scrunched up.
Thanks for the help!

Chris

ricksavery

Über Member
I wore a pair in a downpour last Weds and although my shoes were thoroughly sodden, the inside of the socks were dry. My feet were warm and dry - although towards the end of the ride I thought they were wet as they felt a bit squelchy, but that was the outside of the socks and the soaking shoes rubbing. I was really pleased considering the amount of rain that day. I imagine that in the winter they will be worth their weight in gold :-) Whether they are worth the money - that's a personal thing, for me yes.

jethro10

Über Member
On a side note. What are these socks like? Are they really worth the hefty pricetag?

I also find them great, keep my feet warm, and the rain out.
even if they eventually get wet inside, and it takes a lot, the water warms up and your feet stay warm.

As far as sizing, no idea, but they are not designed to stretch at all,
think of them as two thin socks stitched together at the neck with a sophisticated plastic bag between them which limits stretch.
feel really weird to put them on, but ok once your shoes are on.

EDIT : Of course, I'm not sure were on about the same socks now
whistling.gif
I'm describing the waterproof ones

Jeff

ricksavery

Über Member
Good question. Don't know if you can, but the elastic seems quite snug at the top so I imagine any amount water that does get in will be small and warm up anyway as jethro10 says.

Top Bottom