Sean Connery has died aged 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Bit of both probably. I don't think many people have bad things to say.
I trust you realise my post was just a smiley dig at so many other posts on the same subject.
Yeah I know, but why are there so many posts? Is it because nobody bothers to read the forum before posting? Seems disrepectful to me but what do I know?

And on the subject, people have had bad things to say, they've just been moderated out of existence. I pass no comment on whether that's the correct thing to do.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yeah I know, but why are there so many posts? Is it because nobody bothers to read the forum before posting? Seems disrepectful to me but what do I know?

And on the subject, people have had bad things to say, they've just been moderated out of existence. I pass no comment on whether that's the correct thing to do.
I agree.
Its easy to miss a post and put your own on but to miss 4 similar posts ????
Daft question maybe but how do you know if a post has been "moderated" out ??

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have had one or two deleted, and every time I got an automated message to tell me.
But how would you know if other peoples threads have been deleted ??
BTW I have also been notified that certain threads have been deleted...... after a certain female (who I don't think is on here now) objected.
I did tell the mods of my opinion but they have a difficult job so its not a problem.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I agree.
The mod in question posted a message to that effect.
I have had one or two deleted, and every time I got an automated message to tell me.
I have but I haven't.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree.
First one was started in News & Current Affairs, now in Cafe.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The mod in question posted a message to that effect.
I'm not talking about a general public message posted by a mod, I'm talking about automated private notification messages to each person who has had a post/posts removed.

They don't just disappear, you are automatically told that have been removed.

PS Sorry, just read the end of your post - NORMALLY there is an automated message!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm not talking about a general public message posted by a mod, I'm talking about automated private notification messages to each person who has had a post/posts removed.

They don't just disappear, you are automatically told that have been removed.

PS Sorry, just read the end of your post - NORMALLY there is an automated message!
I have sometimes had a notification in the past to that effect but not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom