Sean Lock RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very sad news - that's no age. Thank god we have so much footage of him on YouTube to appreciate his humour.

alicat

Legendary Member
Oh no, I didn't think I knew him until I realised he was the one with glasses on 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. RIP Sean Lock, you cheered up my life. I'm guessing it was the time on the building sites that did you no favours. :sad:

I literally said "Noooo, whyyyyy" when I heard the news, and that was before I'd ever seen the bit where he said that he wanted exactly that in his obituary.

His delivery style was just so disarming, he starts talking, it seems like he's not going anywhere with it and then WHAM, knocks it out the park. A comedic genius.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

View: https://youtu.be/qRPngk5QyK4

C4 official highlights clip.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't like the Queen. It's absurd we've need a Queen because it means we're no more sophisticated than bees.

I loved Sean so much, I went all the way down to Oxford to see him live. He was so funny, people in the audience were in pain through laughing so hard. He was really on form that night because the DVD of that tour (London Apollo I think) - good as it was - didn't quite have the extra edge of the Oxford show, and missing out one particular joke entirely.

Took me completely by surprise and rounded off a day of attending a funeral and seeing the collapse of a loved relative with an extra dose of sadness.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
To be fair to Sean Lock. He’s one of those comedians you’ve likely caught on TV but can’t remember his name. I can understand people not knowing who Sean Lock was, but also knowing who Sean Lock was.

Top Bottom