Season of Mists, Oct 3rd, 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't believe it, but it is already time to be thinking about  Season of Mists again! I hope to be riding it, despite having had a pretty poor cycling year so far and currently suffering from a bad cold. Hopefully, I will get over that and have enough time to get some fitness back before SoM.

So, are any other CycleChatters planning to ride the event this year?

(My blog report of last year's SoM)

zacklaws

Guru
I'm planning on doing it, had my leave booked for months for that day.

Beaker39

After doing SITTD, which was great and also my first ever Audax, I have already entered this one as well. It will be tough but I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

After doing SITTD, which was great and also my first ever Audax, I have already entered this one as well.  It will be tough but I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:
Yes - it is a tough little event. It is 10% shorter than SITD but it somehow manages to cram 10% more climbing in!

We've been lucky with the weather the past 3 years but sooner or later SoM is going to be run in adverse conditions and then it will be really hard work! 

The event has the same Hebden Bridge HQ as SITD and the same legendary post-event catering crew.   :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd love to do this but I always feel a bit annoyed that it is on the same day as the Helwith Bridge Duathlon. And it is again this year, unfortunately.

Beaker39

Thanks Colin :biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
I'm a bit slow off the mark myself, thought I had time to send of entry form today, but I see that it is within the two week limit for doing such by the time mail is picked up on Sunday now. I presume though that you can enter on the day same as "Spring into the Dales"?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I presume though that you can enter on the day same as "Spring into the Dales"?
I may be doing that myself this year. I want to get a few rides in to see how I've got over my recent chest infection before committing myself. 

I'd suggest contacting the organiser (Chris Crossland) beforehand to let him know that you are coming (contact details via the link in my original post). It would be a bit unfair for loads of us to just descend on him at the last minute. If we tell him to expect us then at least he has an idea of how many extra cards to bring along and how much food will be required.

If I do ride, it will be slowly - I've neglected my cycling this year and am pretty unfit so I'll be conserving my strength and just ambling round at an easy pace and aiming to take 7-8 hours. Anybody who likes the sound of that is welcome to come along with me and let my GPS do the navigating. (I pretty much know the route by now anyway, but it's nice to have backup when getting tired!). 

Svendo

Guru
I'm a possible, not working that weekend. Need to check with my domestic supervisor! I'll be entering on the day, but do my best to let them know beforehand (for catering numbers). I can confirm that the spread at the end is a proper slap-up buffet, with the best homemade cakes!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

If I can bear to look at the bike after the three peaks next week i might do this- it has a nice title.
Don't let the title fool you dan_bo, it's a pretty hard ride! I'm not sure that it is a good one for the old fixie - take a look at the profile...

season_of_mists_profile.jpg

Do you actually own a multi-geared bike? ;)

Jacqui

Typical I am away that weekend as would have maybe had a go .

Probably the slowest but would have been good experience . Today was probably my first weekend since March without a bike ride and just can't remember what I used to do .

Hope everyone had a good day and the weather kinder than today.

Top Bottom