Seasucker Talon Rack Failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NYCSilverBike

Has anyone had issues with the Seasucker Talon bike rack? In late June 2020, the rack failed causing my bike to fall off my roof at highway speed, damaging both my bike and car, but fortunately not injuring anyone. At the accident scene, I noticed the velcro of the rear suction cup of the Talon bike rack was ripped away from the base. Before use, I carefully followed and double-checked the instructions, and checked that the bike was secure at each mounting point several times before driving. I drove for approximately 80 miles on a smooth interstate highway, below the speed limit, and in clear early summer conditions, before the bike crashed off my car’s roof. I only used the product twice since I bought it in 2016. It failed on the second use and caused about $1000 of damage to my car and another $1000 to my bike.

So this rack is attached by suction cups and Velcro...

Mark pallister

Has anyone had issues with the Seasucker Talon bike rack? In late June 2020, the rack failed causing my bike to fall off my roof at highway speed, damaging both my bike and car, but fortunately not injuring anyone. At the accident scene, I noticed the velcro of the rear suction cup of the Talon bike rack was ripped away from the base. Before use, I carefully followed and double-checked the instructions, and checked that the bike was secure at each mounting point several times before driving. I drove for approximately 80 miles on a smooth interstate highway, below the speed limit, and in clear early summer conditions, before the bike crashed off my car’s roof. I only used the product twice since I bought it in 2016. It failed on the second use and caused about $1000 of damage to my car and another $1000 to my bike.
No never had any problems with mine have done many 300ml journeys with a variety of bikes

rnscotch

Veteran
Just to add i use the Seasucker Hornet and i have not had any issues at all, It's been solid for me. I've carried Gravel, Road and mtb with it.

Top Bottom