Seat Angle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

I want to adjust the seat angle on my SCR3. However, the bolt doesnt look like a standard allen key job... do I need a certain tool? Never had this probem before.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Should just be an allen key bolt. Its a large bolt under the saddle clamp. Put an allen key in and try it.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Il have a look tomorrow, didnt look like one today- but it was in the shade so I might not have seen it, and I didnt actually try with an allen key.

Mortiroloboy

It's a single allen bolt 8mm fixed saddle, loosening it will allow you to adjust both fore and aft, as well as tilt. Ideally though the saddle should remain horizontal, use a spirit level to get this correct, do it indoors to assist with this as the floor is more likely to be level, unless you have a house on the Yorkshire coast!

I would just like to reiterate a point I made a few months ago about people making stuff up as they go along, please don't, not in beginners, it's just not on. OPs are after information not guesses.

Mortiroloboy

Oops!:becool: 6mm, it's 6mm, it was a hasty guess (apologies) roadiewill, I know whereabouts it is in my set of allen keys, guessed at it being a 8mm. :idea:

Top Bottom