Seat post problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo140

Hello all,
I have just bought a road bike,and due to being short I am at full stretch holding the handle bars I have changed the the stem to an angled one ,but my seat is the furthest forward it can go.My seat post has a piece going backwards on the end where the seat locates can this be modified or is there another solution. (I need about another inch)

KneesUp

Guru
Have you tired a stem that is shorter, rather than more angled?

OP
OP
Robbo140

Robbo140

I have had a bad back and didn't want my wrists below the seat ( over stretching ) most of the seat posts have the clamps built on already (further away from the bars)

02GF74

Über Member
you say you are quite short - how tall are you?and what is the frame size of the bike (and frame type i.e road, mountain, other?)

sounds to me the frame is too big.

OP
OP
Robbo140

Robbo140

you say you are quite short - how tall are you?and what is the frame size of the bike (and frame type i.e road, mountain, other?)

sounds to me the frame is too big.
Thanks for replying its all sorted now I bought a zero off set seat post and it's made all the difference

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks for replying its all sorted now I bought a zero off set seat post and it's made all the difference
I took your advice and bought a zero off set seat post and it has given me the extra reach I needed thank you
did you buy it twice ?

glad you are all sorted now

windym

You may want to get a bike fit, look online there are a few in London and others around the UK. Also look on you tube for correct position and posture.

Andy

Top Bottom