seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
As far as I know this is a first for this particular seat post problem.
There is a holder for the FD barrel adjuster part way down the seat tube and the rivets that hold this in place protrude inside preventing the seat post from inserting all the way. Obviously I do not want to chop a brand new seat post but what other option do I have?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chop the seat post. Simple ! No other option !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS I had to chop a carbon seatpost to my fixed commuter when I picked it up. The LBS had fitted one he had spare, but it was MTB length, so caught on the bottle cage bolts until I chopped about 10cm off.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
Is this something to do with the opposite way water circles the sink hole down your way Vic or what?
I need just one more vote for chop it off before I take the plunge.
Note to Victor in Victoria - seat post not foreskin.

Chop it, i have an angle grinder if you want to use it.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
If it hurts just close your eyes whilst you're doing it, or get someone else to do it!

Is this something to do with the opposite way water circles the sink hole down your way Vic or what?
I need just one more vote for chop it off before I take the plunge.
Note to Victor in Victoria - seat post not foreskin.

Chop it, i have an angle grinder if you want to use it.

Buy a shorter seat post?

Ah, cycling maintenance: always good for the innuendo! :laugh:
I wish I had any options with the seat post on my Vivente tourer: for a few years now, it's been firmly stuck, and is probably well-and-truly welded to the frame by now.

Ah, cycling maintenance: always good for the innuendo! :laugh:
I wish I had any options with the seat post on my Vivente tourer: for a few years now, it's been firmly stuck, and is probably well-and-truly welded to the frame by now.
I have an angle grinder if you want to borrow it.

Top Bottom