seat tube angle and setback numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get the tape measure out and compare both bikes. You can also use a make shift plumb line to see where the setback is, but be aware saddles and seatposts are all different.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the tape measure out and compare both bikes. You can also use a make shift plumb line to see where the setback is, but be aware saddles and seatposts are all different.

Don’t think he has the old one any more?
Is there an issue riding it? Tweak one thing at a time if so. Or just give it time to get used to the differences?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you might as well forget about the measurements or anything you remember on the old bike, given the frame was too small, as evidenced by the mahoosive stem on it.

just concentrate on getting the "new" bike comfy

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Just out of interest, how are you measuring the fore/aft saddle position?

I measure and log all the easily-quantifible geometry values for all my bikes to allow comparison / similar setup - easy enough for most bits but I've never found a repeatable, valid datum that's appropriate for all saddles to quantify layback / setback...

OP
OP
S

Samyo

Über Member
Just out of interest, how are you measuring the fore/aft saddle position?

I measure and log all the easily-quantifible geometry values for all my bikes to allow comparison / similar setup - easy enough for most bits but I've never found a repeatable, valid datum that's appropriate for all saddles to quantify layback / setback...

plumline from tip of saddle then measure from bb center

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
plumline from tip of saddle then measure from bb center

Cheers - not sure that the tip's going to remain in the same position relative to the rest of the saddle over various different types; but I guess it's as good-a-datum as any if you're using the same saddle all the time.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
S

Samyo

Über Member
Cheers - not sure that the tip's going to remain in the same position relative to the rest of the saddle over various different types; but I guess it's as good-a-datum as any if you're using the same saddle all the time.

yes selle smp composite on both bikes so would stay the same

Top Bottom