Seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ICF67

Hi All first Thread be easy🙏. I have a carrera Titan mtb that needs a new seat the post is still there but have no fittings for seat, Can I get the seat with the fittings or is this separate.
Thanks Chris

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi All first Thread be easy🙏. I have a carrera Titan mtb that needs a new seat the post is still there but have no fittings for seat, Can I get the seat with the fittings or is this separate.
Thanks Chris

You should be able to get a saddle clamp along with a new saddle from the bike shop or supplier you use.
For instance something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35216776...DewMYnDT92&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:

In case not clear @ICF67 there basically two types of post: one simple type onto which you can slide and secure the fitting to which @Paulus has linked, or (more normally for this quality of bike) one which has the fastening for the saddle rails integrated (see the seatpost in @cyberknight 's link.
As said, pull out the current post and its diameter will be marked. You also get different lengths eg 350mm. Be guided by your current one, noting how far above the minimum insertion marking | | | | | you have it positioned for your leg length and riding style.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
ICF67

ICF67

is it this one ?
https://www.halfords.com/bikes/mountain-bikes/carrera-titan-mens-full-suspension-mountain-bike---s-m-l-frames-green/grey-850633.html
if so you should be able to pull the old post out to check the seatpost size to buy a new one , its normally stamped on the post
in this case 31.6 according to the blurb
:welcome:

In case not clear @ICF67 there basically two types of post: one simple type onto which you can slide and secure the fitting to which @Paulus has linked, or (more normally for this quality of bike) one which has the fastening for the saddle rails integrated (see the seatpost in @cyberknight 's link.
As said, pull out the current post and its diameter will be marked. You also get different lengths eg 350mm. Be guided by your current one, noting how far above the minimum insertion marking | | | | | you have it positioned for your leg length and riding style.
This is the stem post that belongs to bike, as you can see its seen better days and looks like it was cut dwn in length, the seat has rails on it.

25EB066B-2281-45B0-9BDF-7919E05DCC6A.jpeg

B5A0E169-7134-4278-BA4F-9A18C9088A51.jpeg

4A7A1431-33BA-4E33-8870-5467840FCDA5.jpeg

751D33C5-4273-40ED-BBA2-BDECBA44AA51.jpeg

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
That looks to me like it was cut too short. I'd recommend getting a new post that will come with a fitting. Local bike charity is a good place to start.

vickster

Legendary Member
That looks to me like it was cut too short. I'd recommend getting a new post that will come with a fitting. Local bike charity is a good place to start.

Or a wanted thread on the forum. Seatposts aren’t very costly new, maybe look at the Wiggle Brand X range

Ajax Bay

Guru
The minimum insertion marks | | | | | are normally about 70mm from the end with the diameter marked close to the marks. Those single bolt adjustable seatposts slowly deteriorate if adjusted much, but anyway you've lost the top bit.
Worth working out how much seatpost you need showing to get the saddle height correct, and use that to guide you as far as the required post length is concerned, plus a couple of inches to allow a taller person to ride (loan, give or sell).

Top Bottom