PaulSB
Squire
- Location
- Chorley, Lancashire
.........but it does with or without an ass-saver, having one above the pack does help keep the bum dryish…meaning that it gets plastered.
.........but it does with or without an ass-saver, having one above the pack does help keep the bum dryish…meaning that it gets plastered.
good to know, I just assumed it would interfere. Seat packs can be cleaned.My ass-saver fits above my seat pack.

They can, but when you are on the trail and need access to your tools, tubes, etc and the pack is covered in mud it makes an already unpleasant experience all the more unpleasant.good to know, I just assumed it would interfere. Seat packs can be cleaned.
Absolutely, I'm on my winter bike now till mid to late February. Full length, aluminum mudguards with flaps.good to know, I just assumed it would interfere. Seat packs can be cleaned.
That said once we get to winter proper and wet roads, I put proper mudguards on one of the bikes, so much better than any clip on / strap on solutions, provided your bike has the mounts.
I'm also bemused that @fair weather cyclist is looking for mudguards at all, rather makes mockery of his forum name![]()
I think the discussion is about road bikes, if you're thinking of trail I agree but on the road the worst that happens is the bottom of the pack gets mucky.They can, but when you are on the trail and need access to your tools, tubes, etc and the pack is covered in mud it makes an already unpleasant experience all the more unpleasant.
Probably too late for you but someone else might have the same question. The Zefal Swan fits nicely on the Giant TCR Advanced seatpost, which is oval.I'm looking for a rear mudguard that I can fit on the seatpost.
I've found this Zefal Swan road https://www.zefal.com/en/rear-mudguards/77-swan-road.html that seems to have good reviews. Apparently it fits on all round seatposts. Problem is, the bike I want to use it on (giant contend) doesn't come with a round seatpost.
Any of you know if the zefal fit on non round seatposts or, in case they don't, do you know of any alternatives that would fit on a d-shape seatpost?
Cheers![]()
Oh that's great, thanks.Probably too late for you but someone else might have the same question. The Zefal Swan fits nicely on the Giant TCR Advanced seatpost, which is oval.


