Second Hand Genesis Flyer

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by Harry_Palmer79, 22 Aug 2012.

1. Alex11 likes this.
  2. Psyclist

Psyclist Über Member

Pretty nicely spec'd and looks good too :thumbsup:

I'd say go for it, looks like a good price for what you're getting.

3. OP
    OP
    Harry_Palmer79

Harry_Palmer79 Veteran

Messaged the seller late last night and he got back to me first thing this morning ^_^

Unfortunately I can't go round to see it until tomorrow as I'm going out tonight, so hopefully someone else doesn't snaffle it first!

4. OP
    OP
    Harry_Palmer79

Harry_Palmer79 Veteran

:hyper: I went round to look it over tonight and had a quick spin around the block.:hyper:

Wow, it was my first time riding a 'proper' road bike and it felt light as a feather, I absolutely loved it. :wub: I was disappointed to hand it back tbh but I hadn't withdrawn the money before I went along as I didn't want to be carrying £380 around if it wasn't right... The saddle was a bit high so I rode with my hands on the hoods mostly, I'll need to adjust that but otherwise it's perfect! :wahhey:

He said he had interest from a guy at his work so he could only guarantee holding it until Monday, but I'm going to pick it up on Sunday anyway...:bicycle:

5. Psyclist

Psyclist Über Member

Good to hear ^_^

My new single speed looks pretty much like yours too. I'll post pictures when I get it next week.

6. mcb2080

mcb2080 Senior Member

I would have bought this bike as I seen it on gumtree earlier on in the week, but I need a 56 frame.

Cracking looking bike

7. Smurfy

Smurfy Naturist Smurf

Did you buy it? Looked like a smashing deal for mint condition at that price!

8. OP
    OP
    Harry_Palmer79

Harry_Palmer79 Veteran

Picking it up on Sunday :hyper:

9. OP
    OP
    Harry_Palmer79

Harry_Palmer79 Veteran

Just a crappy mobile pic, but I have my flyer :wahhey:(it's living inside atm as I need to get a second lock...)
    I only had a short ride on it tonight as I had been out for food just before I picked it up on my way home, but looking forward to getting out for a proper blast soon! :bicycle: 2012-08-26 22.10.33.jpg

10. mcb2080

mcb2080 Senior Member

Very nice mate.

If you don't mind me asking, what height are you?

I thought I needed a 56 (Genesis size guide says a 56 frame is for someone 5'7 - 5'9) due to me being 5'9 with a 30inch inside leg but according to a guy in the bike shop, he reckons I will get away with a 54cm frame.

I currently ride a 54 cannondale synapse so I am unsure.

I am going to buy over the internet so I won't have the chance to try out a 54 or a 56 prior to purchase.

Cheers

11. OP
    OP
    Harry_Palmer79

Harry_Palmer79 Veteran

Thanks, it's not bad is it! :wub:

The 58 is just the right size for me and I'm 6ft 1 and a half.

I'm by no means an expert, so I wouldn't want to sway you too much, but if your current bike is a 54 and it feels ok, that might be the right one? I don't know how the geometry of the 'flyer's frame might differ from others, I was just glad I could try it out before stumping up the cash...

12. mcb2080

mcb2080 Senior Member

Thanks Harry, she is a beauty.

Going by your height and a 58 frame, I think the 54 will do me fine.

Now which bike the 2011 or 2012 ? LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice