Second Hand Genesis Flyer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
I've been looking for a fixed gear for commuting and this popped up on gumtree today :bicycle:

It seems like a pretty good deal, but as I'm just getting back into cycling so any thoughts/advice would be appreciated, thanks... :smile:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/g...-mint-condition/109464897#gallery-item-full-2

Pretty nicely spec'd and looks good too :thumbsup:

I'd say go for it, looks like a good price for what you're getting.

Messaged the seller late last night and he got back to me first thing this morning ^_^

Unfortunately I can't go round to see it until tomorrow as I'm going out tonight, so hopefully someone else doesn't snaffle it first!

:hyper: I went round to look it over tonight and had a quick spin around the block.:hyper:

Wow, it was my first time riding a 'proper' road bike and it felt light as a feather, I absolutely loved it. :wub: I was disappointed to hand it back tbh but I hadn't withdrawn the money before I went along as I didn't want to be carrying £380 around if it wasn't right... The saddle was a bit high so I rode with my hands on the hoods mostly, I'll need to adjust that but otherwise it's perfect! :wahhey:

He said he had interest from a guy at his work so he could only guarantee holding it until Monday, but I'm going to pick it up on Sunday anyway...:bicycle:

Just a crappy mobile pic, but I have my flyer :wahhey:(it's living inside atm as I need to get a second lock...)
I only had a short ride on it tonight as I had been out for food just before I picked it up on my way home, but looking forward to getting out for a proper blast soon! :bicycle:
2012-08-26 22.10.33.jpg

mcb2080

Very nice mate.

If you don't mind me asking, what height are you?

I thought I needed a 56 (Genesis size guide says a 56 frame is for someone 5'7 - 5'9) due to me being 5'9 with a 30inch inside leg but according to a guy in the bike shop, he reckons I will get away with a 54cm frame.

I currently ride a 54 cannondale synapse so I am unsure.

I am going to buy over the internet so I won't have the chance to try out a 54 or a 56 prior to purchase.

Cheers

Very nice mate.

If you don't mind me asking, what height are you?

I thought I needed a 56 (Genesis size guide says a 56 frame is for someone 5'7 - 5'9) due to me being 5'9 with a 30inch inside leg but according to a guy in the bike shop, he reckons I will get away with a 54cm frame.

I currently ride a 54 cannondale synapse so I am unsure.

I am going to buy over the internet so I won't have the chance to try out a 54 or a 56 prior to purchase.

Cheers

Thanks, it's not bad is it! :wub:

The 58 is just the right size for me and I'm 6ft 1 and a half.

I'm by no means an expert, so I wouldn't want to sway you too much, but if your current bike is a 54 and it feels ok, that might be the right one? I don't know how the geometry of the 'flyer's frame might differ from others, I was just glad I could try it out before stumping up the cash...

mcb2080

Thanks Harry, she is a beauty.

Going by your height and a 58 frame, I think the 54 will do me fine.

Now which bike the 2011 or 2012 ? LOL

Top Bottom