Second Hand Mountain Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huggybear0

Über Member
Ok so I sold my cyclocross. Now I am looking for a mountain bike. Carbon if possible. I have a budget up to £750.00 but less would make me happier.

Do you have any suggestions what I should be looking out for? Make,specs etc.
Thanks.

do you know, what wheel size you want,.... hard tail,.... full suss... etc, that would maybe help with recommendations

D

Deleted member 26715

Also where you are & how far you want to travel

Gunk

Guru
If you don’t mind 26” wheels you’ll get get a mega spec bike for that budget.

I bought a carbon frame full suspension Giant Trace Advanced with a nice XT groupset and Fox F100 forks for £325 for my son last year. When I picked it up I actually felt guilty paying him so little for so much bike.

663559A8-9183-4F6E-BA32-F1C2B3B96FE5.jpeg

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a 2016 Cube Attention & very happy with it, so much so I went & bought a Cube E-Bike as well

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
I have been offered a 2013 cube reaction for 500 but it has 26” wheels and I have been advised to go for 29”

D

Deleted member 26715

I have been offered a 2013 cube reaction for 500 but it has 26” wheels and I have been advised to go for 29”
It's an ongoing argument, both of mine are 29" but it depends on how you are going to use it, I ride trails & tracks mainly, for which they are great, bit it comes up short on the very twisty technical bits.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve never felt the need to upgrade to 29” I’m still using my 2007 S Works Epic, it’ll still do trails and downhill stuff quite competently and I like the fact you can chuck it around like a big BMX.

Top Bottom