"Second hand shop boneshaker" of the week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"The bicycle had not yet been reported stolen because teams competing in the three-week Vuelta tour say they have not yet had time to call the police. However, investigators identified the machine as belonging to the Australian team Orica-GreenEdge"

It only takes a few minutes to phone the police. An eight grand bike means nothing to them. I bet the shop owner's kicking himself for not knowing what it was worth,.then he could've stuck it on e bay.:whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
........The shop owner who tried to sell a stolen bike valued at 12,000euro for just 120 euro.
Spanish police find bike stolen from Simon Gerrans at Vuelta
http://road.cc/content/news/163944-spanish-police-find-bike-stolen-simon-gerrans-vuelta
Image2.jpeg

Brandane

Legendary Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
The team hadn't had time to report the theft?

More like they couldn't be bothered. Easy come, easy go.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Or embarrassed

Globalti

Legendary Member
I wonder how much other top end kit just vanishes at the end of the season? When you're surrounded by expensive stuff in large quantities you just become blasé about it.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The team hadn't had time to report the theft?

More like they couldn't be bothered. Easy come, easy go.

Or embarrassed

Bit of both I suspect, they would rather swallow the loss quietly than advertise to opportunist thieves around the world that their security is inadequate.

I found when a victim of identity theft that the shops losing merchandise to the fake me wanted to sweep it under the carpet & put a couple of quid on the rest of the stock to recoup their losses from honest customers than admit to lax checking procedures and have every scrote with a cloned identity descend on them.

Top Bottom