Sectional garage renovation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Asbestos was banned as a building material in the 70s so if its of early 00s vintage I suspect you're safe.

@Hicky Try this...

https://www.asbestos-sampling.com/?...PEa4JoxgSc66HESuA_CQqKMuh68YV9HRoCTW4QAvD_BwE

Not cheap, but if it is asbestos 50 quid will be the least ormypur worries. If it isn't then it's 50 sheets well spent.

Cheers for the heads up ref the kit, I'll have a closer look on the fabric of the building(and the paperwork left my the previous owners). Maybe a company name is there and in turn I could get an answer from them. It doesn't look older than a decade.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Sounds like my little project. Cladco sheets were really simple to fit once I had constructed a wooden frame to attach them.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/garage-refurb-project-advice-sought.279387/

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Cheers for the heads up ref the kit, I'll have a closer look on the fabric of the building(and the paperwork left my the previous owners). Maybe a company name is there and in turn I could get an answer from them. It doesn't look older than a decade.

To be honest as long as you don't have to break it to remove it, asbestos isn't a massive issue. Basic PPE and bit of care and damp it down to minimise any dust, and obviously know where and how you can take it for disposal. Its when you start smashing it up and get dust a fibres floating around that it becomes dangerous.

Hicky

Guru
To be honest as long as you don't have to break it to remove it, asbestos isn't a massive issue. Basic PPE and bit of care and damp it down to minimise any dust, and obviously know where and how you can take it for disposal. Its when you start smashing it up and get dust a fibres floating around that it becomes dangerous.

All noted, I've researched this a little so I'm aware of this. It was more a disposal and replacement recommendations I was looking at.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
+1 for Cladco. Did my first garage with their box section sphalv steel and I was hugely impressed with the quality and their customer service.

Really good. They used the offcuts from my panels as packing material on their truck and were happy to leave them with me. I built a pair of pretty swish compost bins with them at the top of the garden.

Drago

Legendary Member
When my nephew did my decking (he owns a landscaping and fencing firm) I insisted on composite, and the samples he showed me had a lifetime guarantee. Cladco again. Really cant recommend them enough.

Top Bottom