Secure bike sheds for longer bikes: cargo bikes, tandems etc.???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know of a secure, off-the-shelf bike shed (Asgard etc.) that will accommodate a longer bike, such as a Kona Ute, or even a Bakfiets style?

I've looked at Asgard but their biggest is the 8x4 'Access' which, while long enough internally, has the door aperture centred, meaning it may be a tight squeeze to swing the front of the bike into the shed.

I'd considered building my own but to be honest I really don't fancy timber framing at this time of year and to make it dry and secure enough it probably wouldn't cost much less in materials than buying off the shelf. Budget is around £600 max.

Grateful for any ideas!

Thanks.

Tom B

Guru
Speak to Asgard their sheds are modular and you can add extra sections to lengthen them.

I have a centurion (I think) and adding more middle sections (bit with the vents in) would be child's play.

Attachments

• 1576757397060360697176845345502.jpg
    1576757397060360697176845345502.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
Speak to Asgard their sheds are modular and you can add extra sections to lengthen them.

I have a centurion (I think) and adding more middle sections (bit with the vents in) would be child's play.

Thanks. I did speak to them but It’s the narrower bike-specific type I’m after, and they only do those in set sizes as the floor pan and lids are one-piece.

OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
Have you had a look at tri metals?

Other than that I think you're going to be commissioning your own.
Yes, looked at theirs too. The narrowest motorbike sheds look a suitable size but not all that resistant to forced entry; exposed hasps and staples etc. would make it relatively easy to get in without making too much noise. Looking more and more like I need to fire up Sketchup and give the timber merchant a call.

Top Bottom