Security in your garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sargent

Wondering if anyone has additional 'security' or locks whilst their recumbents are stored in garage?

I was thinking of something chained to the wall

Any suggestions or ideas?

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Mine lives (folded) under a stair cupboard, and is chained to a ground and wall anchor. The cupboard door also has 5 lever deadlock. It was a mandatory requirement for my insurance.

OP
OP
Sargent

Sargent

Thanks everyone

Very true. Only ridden my trike a handful of times, but plenty of weird looks.

Recumbent under a tarp in the garden with a d lock or a hip lock chain type lock through the rear triangle and wheel only. No ground anchor or Sheffield stand or anything. The garden is actually a backyard with a passageway outside the back gate that people do use. The yard walls are low enough to see into the yard.

Do you think I need anything else? I reckon I'm OK. Had one break in in the nearly 20 years I've lived here and that was in a side street. The house that was robbed was lived in by some ppl rumoured to be dodgy with money issues. The burglary was dodgy to say the least. Local thinking seems to be it was an insurance scam.

So basically a very low incidence of burglary. Are you jealous?

PS I once went out for half an hour and left my front door wide open. It's like the old days of unlocked doors!

Top Bottom