Security in your garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most dogs can be dealt with but their owners could present more of an issue. Sleep with your bikes. Everyone else in the house are less likely to be knicked! ;)^_^

I heard a story about a guy who worked at a bike shop who made his garage secure. Doors had serious security and windows. Inside ground anchors and chains that were gold rated.

He found his nearly £10k bike nicked all the same. Seems they just lifted a corner of the flat roof and climbed in Once inside they used his tools to release his bike(s) at his / bet leisure. Then he opened the garage door and rode of with his bike.

I didn't know if his insurance paid out or not because he had to use high security levels to get his bike insured in the first place. They might have said it wasn't secured and not paid out.

Key point, if the story is true, the professional bike thieves will always find a way It's their job and the good ones are probably rather clever in the ways of thieving bikes.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A good guard dog is the best deterrent I think.

bikeguard.jpg

You also have the hassle of repairing any damage done while getting the bike out.
That will probably cost more than the bikes worth.
I know someone who had a cheap MTB stolen out of a shed which contained other good bikes.
All the bikes where padlocked together and to a ground anchor.
Probably because the MTB was the most easily sold, some of the other better bike frames where cut in two getting it out.

Top Bottom