Security Reminder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I know, I know but we all do it:sad:

Last night I got back well knackered, I couldn't be botherd to chain evreything up, "It'll be all right" I thought, closed the garge door and went inside.

Got up for work this morning,

No Dawes Discovery Hybrid
No Dawes Kokomo MTB
No Dawes Galaxy
No Trek Tag-a-long, my daughters.
No Townsend whatever it is the Mrs rides.
No Falcon Combat, my lad's
:biggrin:

Now it could have been worse, at least my motorbike was still there and unscratched, although how they lifted 6 bikes over it without scratching it, I'll never know. My work tools too were still there, they just wanted the bikes.:blush:

Now, nothing would ever have stopped them gaining entry, one way or another, but if I hadn't have been such a lazy git and had spent all of 1 minute chaining up like I normally do, then those bikes would still be mine. take care.:biggrin:

Bummer, maybe you shouldn't tell the insurance company you couldn't be bothered locking up

rob_mcp

Minor irritation in comparison -got new pump last week - forgot to take it off the bike when left in town - but somehow remembered to take the computer off - 20 minutes later no pump - I'd not even pumped up a tyre with it. They didn't bother with the grotty rear light that I usually remove but also forgot today

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
alecstilleyedye said:
out of my office window i can see an unlocked pinerello prince with full campag record groupset.

it's not mine…yet :biggrin:

it's especially odd given that my carrera virtuoso is locked up with a proper d lock just round the corner.

actually, i could probably leave mine unlocked where alex (how confusing) leaves his pinerello, but if the worst happened insurance co might wriggle out of it as bike would not have been locked.

Melvil

MarkF said:
I know, I know but we all do it:sad:

Last night I got back well knackered, I couldn't be botherd to chain evreything up, "It'll be all right" I thought, closed the garge door and went inside.

Got up for work this morning,

No Dawes Discovery Hybrid
No Dawes Kokomo MTB
No Dawes Galaxy
No Trek Tag-a-long, my daughters.
No Townsend whatever it is the Mrs rides.
No Falcon Combat, my lad's
:biggrin:

Now it could have been worse, at least my motorbike was still there and unscratched, although how they lifted 6 bikes over it without scratching it, I'll never know. My work tools too were still there, they just wanted the bikes.:eek:

Now, nothing would ever have stopped them gaining entry, one way or another, but if I hadn't have been such a lazy git and had spent all of 1 minute chaining up like I normally do, then those bikes would still be mine. take care.:blush:

You poor thing. That's really annoying! But perhaps this is the time to 'confess' to your insurers that your best bike, a seven custom ti Elium with full record gear was stolen, too! :ohmy:

CycleWidow

You poor things.

In our last house we had a garage which had access off a dark lane. It had a dead end at the far end and a lovely stream (the Denburn) that ran alongside.
Phillip, my hubby, kept his pride and joys in there....bike, golf clubs (x2 sets) and the TT roadster (which went when we discovered I was expecting our son)!
We went off for a weekend and returned to no bike! Along with ours nearly every garage had been broken into. The theiving druggie bu&&ers had used a transit to pile all our stuff into and simply drove away. The police said it was well planned.
One year later and more locks on the door, we entered the garage (back door which stupidly was left unlocked) got into the car and drove off.....now had an electric garage door and it closed and deadbolted after our exit. 90 mins later returned to......no new bike! This time, in broad daylight they has lept over the 6ft wall entered through the rear garage door and out the garden gate....
They left the clubs and garden stuff and took the thing they could reset the fastest...the bike!
Hubby is as we speak now placing a chain around the bikes, including Harrys little red Trek (he would be devastated if it went...although daddy sat on it last week and the back wheel is a little squint, so a new one could be in the offing). Will check the insurance on Monday.

postman

Legendary Member
Hope you are insured.I lock each bike to each other bike it's a pest when i want to go out .But having just seen you loss i will still be done.Hope you get paid out soon .Anyone around you see anything van or lorry that was unusual.

graham56

Guru
Should have their hands chopped off when caught and their foreheads tattooed with the word THIEF. I`m in angry mode now!

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Thanks for the replies, hope fully nobody will be as lazy as me after reading this post. I won't be a lazy git again, that's for sure.:biggrin:

I have bolted the garage side door permanently shut and intend to get some sort of concrete anchor for the main door this weekend. I've also rigged up some flashing led's and alarm signs, they cost peanuts and must be a good thing.

Yes, I am insured, but they want pics, receipts, serial numbers etc All things that I have been too lazy to ever deal with. Are you listening lads and lasses? Lots of lessons to be learned here.:ohmy:

Hopefully it won't take too long to sort out and I did have too may half decent bikes, I think a nice Sirrus or FX might just be the job.:blush:

papercorn2000

I have a file on my computer with photos and details of all my bikes - just in case.

If you ever find out who did this deed, post their id's, I have a special service that I offer for this type of person. (don't let the avatar fool you...)

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Thanks but if I find out who did it then I will physically harm them, my daughter (6) is very upset, no doubt the police will be round within minutes. Of course, I have not and will have no chance of seeing them regarding the break in, fat chance. I do have a crime number though, hurrah!:blush:.

The combat bike was one of a kind and the Kokomo is pretty rare to say the least, with abit of luck I might catch up with them and I'll be happy to accept the consequences.

Top Bottom