See, I told you so!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Ok, point taken, I admit I got a bit lost walking back from the SECC and ended up in a dodgy looking scheme on the side of the M8.

But, only last night cycling up Saltmarket and passing a pub under the railway bridge, there was a male drunk giving a good beating to a woman. She was either drunk, on drugs or just dazed from the beating. They did not notice the police car which happened to be passing at the time.

Mr Pig

magnatom said:
Grotty in what way?

Grotty as in...grotty! ;0) Thirty years ago there were lots of nice little shops down alleyways etc. There still are some, I assume the Ub' Chip is still there, but the place feels much more down-market these days.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
I rather liked living there, nice pubs, nice countryside nearby, nice people, lively music scene (including Edinburgh) the only drawback is the weather - same latitude as Moscow apparently tho kept warm and damp due to its proximity to the sea....

gavintc

Guru
It is a great city and even I as an Edinbugh man, can appreciate the vitality found in Glasgow. You can have a cracking night out there - a wide range of options and styles.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gavintc said:
It is a great city and even I as an Edinbugh man, can appreciate the vitality found in Glasgow. You can have a cracking night out there - a wide range of options and styles.

I'll even admit that Edinburgh has it's nice bits. It's got a castle and .... errr, ummm......:biggrin::blush:

Tetedelacourse

Yeah for all its faults I still prefer Glasgow to Edinburgh, and I'm from the east. Mainly it's the people, generally far more amusing in my experience!

Top Bottom