Seeing a route on a Garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Always Cross

Veteran
i was out on a nice trike ride today. I had down loaded a route to my Garmin a Tour model. I was out for about 20 mile the only problem is I couldn't see the line of the route very well I had to hold it quite close to my eyes to see it. Towards the end of the ride I took my glasses of to wipe some sweat of my brow and lo and behold I could see the route really clearly. I've figured it out that my reactalight glasses were hiding the route line. So from now on I think I will cycle in clear glasses and a baseball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. You live and learn. I spent a lot of the ride trying to fix the GPS.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Never had a problem seeing the track on my Touring whilst wearing reactalights (Transitions)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There may be an option to change the colour of the track for better contrast, depending where the route has come from.

As you can tell, I don't know a lot about it, but someone else might.

If you go for a cap, I suggest a traditional cycling one.

The big peaks on baseball caps restrict vision a bit too much, although that might not be such a problem on a trike on which you are, presumably, not bent forward.

OP
OP
Always Cross

Always Cross

Veteran
Yes I agree about the baseball cap only wear it on a recumbent trike I wear a plastic thing on an up right as I have farther to fall

PK99

Legendary Member
Set the Garmin map view to Automotive mode. Track shows as broad black edged white line and perspective view rather than overhead

Top Bottom