Self-invented words ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Veteran
A couple of other threads about the usage of words are providing some entertainment on here.

Have you invented any words of your own?

I'm often doing it. My favourite recent one is 'Trumpwit'.

My other half calls them 'monkerisms'. 😄

Last edited:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Yes subconsciously all the time. I have been diagnosed with a specific weakness in reading ability by a chartered psychologist which impacts my vocabulary. There are thus to many words to list + I don’t know what they are!

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes subconsciously all the time. I have been diagnosed with a specific weakness in reading ability by a chartered psychologist which impacts my vocabulary. There are thus to many words to list + I don’t know what they are!
Ah, I had commenced speculation about your reading ability, based upon your apparent poor grammatical and oratory prowess ;)

It was I that took the word 'fiddler', slang for a player of the violin or viola, and applied it to the burgeoning ranks of 70s celebrity perverts.

Drago

Legendary Member
I invented twunt and shonky. I sold the latter to Richard Hammond for a tenner, half a pack of Bensons, and a well thumbed copy of Razzle.

In the police a flock of sergeants is called a 'confusion'.

OP
OP
monkers

monkers

Veteran
I invented twunt and shonky. I sold the latter to Richard Hammond for a tenner, half a pack of Bensons, and a well thumbed copy of Razzle.

In the police a flock of sergeants is called a 'confusion'.
I think *twunt* might need peer review. :blush:

... and a collection of constables is called a 'gallery'?

Top Bottom