Self-timer cycling action selfie challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Is it ok to use a Bluetooth gizzmo in stead of or in conjunction with self timer?

Off to see if it will run the self timer

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Is it ok to use a Bluetooth gizzmo in stead of or in conjunction with self timer?

Off to see if it will run the self timer

I think Bluetooth is cheating, as the challenge is getting the timing right counting to ten (or whatever). I ought to post one or two of my fails too, where my sense of timing has been hopelessly out!

Gwylan

Veteran
I think Bluetooth is cheating, as the challenge is getting the timing right counting to ten (or whatever). I ought to post one or two of my fails too, where my sense of timing has been hopelessly out!

Thanks for clarifying that.

Pretty impressive then.

I'd need more than 10 secs to get on my bike and moving.
And if the bike is more that a few yards from the bike, the bike stops. Sounds a great idea, but a total pain feature. Only realise after using the bike a few weeks.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Coincidentally I was mulling the concept of doing just this on Monday, during my first ride since my back went 'ping'. In the end I didn't but now there's a thread for it I will certainly have a go. Lugging my DSLR and Manfrotto tripod is probably not ideal so I'll have to rig up some kind of phone steady.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Coincidentally I was mulling the concept of doing just this on Monday, during my first ride since my back went 'ping'. In the end I didn't but now there's a thread for it I will certainly have a go. Lugging my DSLR and Manfrotto tripod is probably not ideal so I'll have to rig up some kind of phone steady.

I've got a Sony HX-60 which goes in a jersey pocket nicely, and a mini bendy tripod.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Lugging my DSLR and Manfrotto tripod is probably not ideal so I'll have to rig up some kind of phone steady.

I've been using one of these Manfrotto tripods which will not only take a smartphone, but also my micro four thirds camera as well. It also works with my older DSLR, but it's not quite as steady with that, though it depends on the surface you place it on.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 20.00.53.png

I ought to post one or two of my fails too, where my sense of timing has been hopelessly out!

Here's one of mine where the bike was far too far away!

P1000195.JPG

rualexander

Legendary Member
1050014-01.jpeg

Top Bottom