Selle Italia Trans-Am Flite replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Selle Italia Trans-Am Flite is gradually falling apart at the seams... I've tried:

Selle Italia XR XC Flow
Whyte's Stock Road Saddle
Essax Adrenaline R

Whilst I've not hated any of the above 3 I've kept going back to the old Trans-Am as it just seems to suit me slightly better.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try that might be closer in shape to the Trans-Am? Or know of any bike shops around South Manchester that have a saddle library?

I have emailed Selle Italia to see if they can advise which saddle(s) in their current range are a similar shape, but no response as yet...

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Worth keeping an eye out for one on eBay. This one is currently £16.50 or best offer and doesn't look in bad condition.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=311974957313&globalID=EBAY-GB

OP
OP
amasidlover
Thanks @Spiderweb - not really sure why I hadn't thought of doing that before...

Still interested in other ideas as well - at some point I'm thinking of building/buying a hill-climb/summer bike and the Trans-Am is on the heavy side (although to be fair I could swap it out before races if I had to).

OP
OP
amasidlover
Looks closer in shape to the Selle Italia XR XC Flow that I have already - its quite frustrating there are lots of saddles with vaguely similar looking outlines and I'm finding that until I actually spend an hour on the turbo with one I don't find out if its quite right... I had a bike fit a couple of weeks ago and his advice was that the profile as you look at the side of the saddle was as important (if not more so) - and certainly the Trans-Am does seem to have a little bit of a dip in the centre when compared to the others I've been riding.

Top Bottom