Selling a private reg plate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I purchased a vehicle recently which came with a private registration plate.

Reading for all the blurb the original owner paid £600 for this plate.

I wonder how do I go about selling this registration - and any idea of what the costs would be to me as the seller.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its about £80 to transfer the plate. The buyer should pay you for it. My sister gave her plate to my son for his 18th (she's now married).

How much someone would pay is tricky.

midlife

Guru
Just curious, what's the reg?

I sold my old Impreza with the plate C19 SAW and the new owner put it up for £600, I'll check if it's still for sale :smile:

midlife

Guru
If it ends in mxs then I guess it's quite modern. Does the start of the reg mean anything to a mazda mx5 owner?

vickster

Legendary Member
Well the reg ends MXS........(MX5).
Errr no it ends MXS :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I sold a J33P number plate via eBay a few years ago. The bidding process means you don't have to guess the value, just set the starting value at the minimum you are prepared to bother with the transfer process.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I sold a J33P number plate via eBay a few years ago. The bidding process means you don't have to guess the value, just set the starting value at the minimum you are prepared to bother with the transfer process.
Out of interest....... if eg you put a plate on ebay and agree a price..... how do you get the actual registration thingy transferred to the buyer ?

Top Bottom