Selling a private reg plate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I can't remember now, this was back in 2012. I do know it was all done remotely, we never met. I think he was from down south.
Presumably there was an element of trust, either he sent payment and then I released the paperwork, or I released the details and he paid me once DVLA confirmed the plate transfer?

D

Deleted member 26715

Out of interest....... if eg you put a plate on ebay and agree a price..... how do you get the actual registration thingy transferred to the buyer ?
It's easy now & can all be done online, you initially put the plate onto retention which costs £80, then on the website you change the name over to the new person, they then receive a code which they use to put it onto their car, or they leave it on retention. As usual the DSA also follow it all up with letters so you can do it the old way if you want, TBH they are now quite quick at it if you use the website.

D

Deleted member 26715

No wonder they chucked you out of the Rozzers, your new name should be Kilo Xray Five Two Mike Hotel Lima

Drago

Legendary Member
I'll have you known they chucked me out over that incident where I reversed a squad car over that nun. I still maintain that I'd have seen her if she'd not been stood on that zebra crossing, but the Chief Freemason was in no mood for rational discussion after having the Pope on the phone chewing his ear off.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'll have you known they chucked me out over that incident where I reversed a squad car over that nun. I still maintain that I'd have seen her if she'd not been stood on that zebra crossing, but the Chief Freemason was in no mood for rational discussion after having the Pope on the phone chewing his ear off.
You must have fun with the 'accident' cold callers! My line with them is to ask if the 'accident' they're talking about is the one where I rammed the police car after the bank robbery, or the where I drove through the bus queue in the ensuing pursuit?
Last time I used it, a couple of weeks ago, the numpty on the phone asked me to hold while I was transferred to an advisor.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

D

Deleted member 26715

You must have fun with the 'accident' cold callers! My line with them is to ask if the 'accident' they're talking about is the one where I rammed the police car after the bank robbery, or the where I drove through the bus queue in the ensuing pursuit?
Last time I used it, a couple of weeks ago, the numpty on the phone asked me to hold while I was transferred to an advisor.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I usually ask which one, then they say the latest, to which i reply, but I had two in one day

sheddy

Legendary Member
I just say that I had a dodgy takeaway and could I claim for new underwear and trousers.
I hear them processing the information before the cold caller hangs up.

Top Bottom