Selling Advice - Please Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Byrnsey2

Good Morning

Sorry for the ignorance, but my step father was a keen cycling and unfortunately passed away last year - since then I have around 7 bikes and 2 frames sitting in my lock up, which obviously we need to sell. just ball park figures and the best place to sell the bike will be a great start!

Ive uploaded 2 bikes and 2 frames which are below - I dont know the frame size off the top of my head but im sure they are between 22 and 24 inch

Red Frame - Saeco - Brand new still in bubble wrap

IMG_2583.jpg

Bianchi Reparto Corse Bike - Exclusive set, triple butted, Boron Steel, Bianchi Carbon Forks, SUP Wheels, ITM Handle Bars
IMG_2584.jpg
IMG_2585.jpg
IMG_2586.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg

LOOK FRAME - BRAND NEW - STILL IN BUBBLE WRAP

IMG_2581.jpg
IMG_2582.jpg

Fausto Coppi Road Bike By Masciaghi, Signature, SUP Wheels, ITM Super Italia Pro -260 Handle Bars

IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Aaron

vickster

Legendary Member

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I used to have one similar to the Bianchi, I'd say about £200 for that and the same for the Coppi. The frames maybe around. £100.
Very difficult to say as you have to find the right buyer. Have a look on eBay you'll find similar items so you can judge for yourself.
As above our Mr Briggs has probably the most experience in this field as he buys and sells.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks @vickster @Cycleops

@Byrnsey2 sorry to hear about your dad .

Roughly where are you based ?

I would agree with @Cycleops re the bianchi valuation given the info seen and provided
The Coppi looks a step better than the normal ones that come up for sale
Just a few questions re The 2 new frames do you have fork's for them ? What tubing are they ? depending upon answers they could be worth quite a bit .

In all seriousness depending where you are based i could be interested in them quite easily

As to where to sell i would try the classifieds on here first

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's currently a weak market, possibly due to people holding onto their money and possibly due to the cancellation of the L'eroica event in the UK. Either way the classic and vintage bike market is a little depressed. However ...

Obviously all of these need cleaning. I'm presuming all the parts work and that the seatposts move, otherwise you're looking at parts value only:

The Bianchi looks decent - worth £150-250
Coppi's tend to be worth a bit less - £100-200

The Look frame, if 'new old stock' probably has more value depending upon the model. The Saeco one is worth a bit less than the Look.

That's my first guess without more detail / specifications.

You also need to spec the gear shifting groupset name/grade and number of rear cogs. Generally all the shiny bits will be from the same groupset.
It looks like Campagnolo brand but look also for words Record, Chorus, Athena or anything else.

The Saeco frame looks like a Cannondale: Saeco, an Italian coffee company, were the title sponsors of an Italian team from the mid-90s to the early noughties. Can't tell from the photo what the frame's made of, but the colourway is definitely Cannondale-Saeco.

Top Bottom