Selling on eBay (to Zero feedback buyer)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
Not so relevant to this case, but a similar theme so mentioning it as something to look out for.
I've had an item bought from me from someone with 20 positive feedbacks... all earned within the previous few days... mostly for items from the same seller. Most of those items were "single sheet of A4 paper. Collection only. price: 1p".
I cancelled the sale. Two clearly fraudulent accounts, using each other to build up an apparently trustworthy feedback rating.
In the case of zero feedback, asking price or not I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Yes, everyone has to start a feedback profile somewhere, but I'm afraid I'd let them start it somewhere else. Of all the millions of people on ebay, I'm sure there's at least one other that'll eventually offer you a similar price for your wheels!

D

Deleted member 26715

Not so relevant to this case, but a similar theme so mentioning it as something to look out for.
I've had an item bought from me from someone with 20 positive feedbacks... all earned within the previous few days... mostly for items from the same seller. Most of those items were "single sheet of A4 paper. Collection only. price: 1p".
I cancelled the sale. Two clearly fraudulent accounts, using each other to build up an apparently trustworthy feedback rating.
In the case of zero feedback, asking price or not I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Yes, everyone has to start a feedback profile somewhere, but I'm afraid I'd let them start it somewhere else. Of all the millions of people on ebay, I'm sure there's at least one other that'll eventually offer you a similar price for your wheels!
Used to be a business at the start of Fleecebay you built up positive feedback & then sold the account to somebody who wanted to be seen as an experienced & trusted seller

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
This isn't connected to zero feedback buyers but a general observation on the vulnerability of sellers. I saw a tweet from Ben of Kinetics that he'd sold a Brompton for about £1000 to a guy who subsequently complained to E-bay that it arrived with a puncture. He claimed a full refund, was given it, and retains the bike!

U

User6179

Used to be a business at the start of Fleecebay you built up positive feedback & then sold the account to somebody who wanted to be seen as an experienced & trusted seller

I think this still happens, if you click on the seller ID you sometimes find another business name listed as the original seller.

Top Bottom