Selling on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I have just noticed that ebay are now charging a 10% final value fee on postage costs, in addition to all other fees! How long has this been the case?
It was already expensive to sell on ebay, but this is just a joke really! Ebay, already making absolutely massive profits, are just bleeding people dry even more.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Supply and demand. We use Ebay a lot to get rid of stuff we don't want and buy stuff we do want with the lolly. It's convenient, safe and easy and in about 270 transactions we've not had a problem.... touch wood.....

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've sold very little as I object to their fees (I do buy though).
Now they've raised them I won't be selling again.....I use Gumtree for any bigger items (sold my iPhone 4s within 12 hours of posting an ad - no fees and collected, so no trips to the post office and over inflated postage costs!).

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Supply and demand. We use Ebay a lot to get rid of stuff we don't want and buy stuff we do want with the lolly. It's convenient, safe and easy and in about 270 transactions we've not had a problem.... touch wood.....
you've been very lucky then - I get requests for partial refunds all the time, often people just trying it on as they know ebay will always side with the buyer. Now today a guy is complaining because becasue the box the secondhand bars and stem I sold him arrived damaged - The sale wasn't for a box!!! WTF! No complaint about the actual items.

MarkF

Guru
It's cheap IMO, if you have something worthwhile selling, not a McDonalds happy meal smurf, I've just sold a turbo trainer and 2 water damaged phones. Where else am I likely to sell 2 useless and worthless (to me) water damaged phones for £23?

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I just sold perfectly good secondhand handlebars bars and stem and got negative feedback because I'd put tape on the box!!! Where else on earth would such a ridiculous situation develop? The box wasn't even in the listing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I just sold perfectly good secondhand handlebars bars and stem and got negative feedback because I'd put tape on the box!!! Where else on earth would such a ridiculous situation develop? The box wasn't even in the listing.

If it was the original box I might be able to understand his complaint - he may have been planning to sell them on in a shop or online.

djb1971

Legendary Member
eBay is a victim of its own success.

It used to be great in the early days when most sellers were normal people getting rid of their own stuff. Now it's all shops and wheeler dealers.

Now as well as taking the shirt off your back, they pull your pants down and slap both cheeks......HARD!

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
If it was the original box I might be able to understand his complaint - he may have been planning to sell them on in a shop or online.
it was a handlebar box but not the one for the bars - the box wasn't listed in the listing. I can't understand this for 3-year old bars and stem.

Top Bottom