Sending and receiving PM's (FIXED)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I can't seem to find the sending and receiving PM info and are the ones we sent in the past now missing or have they come over during the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

potsy

Rambler
I can't seem to find the sending and receiving PM info and are the ones we sent in the past now missing or have they come over during the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine have been transferred Keith,click the little arrow at the top of page near your name,also under your avatar on a thread is a little icon to PM the user.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, what Potsy says. When I hover over the "and one other" it gives a name, not sure if that is a forum member's name or something in the program used to transfer the messages from the old forum to this forum.

Shaun

Founder
Does it say it on all of your PMs?

Previously you could send to multiple recipients, so are you sure you haven't sent that message to a second person?

Would you have any objections to me logging in as you to see what it's doing? Alternatively could you send me a screenshot of what it displays?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler

Previously you could send to multiple recipients, so are you sure you haven't sent that message to a second person?

Would you have any objections to me logging in as you to see what it's doing? Alternatively could you send me a screenshot of what it displays?

Cheers,
Have pm'd you with more info,though it seems to only effect the pm's from the old site.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Cheers,
Have pm'd you with more info,though it seems to only effect the pm's from the old site.

No, it is not messages with multiple recipients. As with Potsy, it only affects the pm's from the old site. I will pm you with the relevant (extra) names. Yes, you may log in as me to see what is going on.

Shaun

Founder
I've had a look and I've got the same problem with my PM's.

If you open the conversation you'll notice that the recipient list on the left side shows the actual recipient and doesn't include the so-called (and 1 other).

I think this is a glitch from the transfer and have submitted a support ticket to resolve it.

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

Shaun

Founder
It was a glitch. The conversion had counted 1 extra recipient for PMs than it should have done, so ended up showing a random "ghost" recipient.

Support chap had fixed it now, so they should have all disappeared.

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I notice that any folders other than the default ones seem to have been lost in the transfer (although the messages they contained are still there). I created a couple of new ones, but can't find an option in the drop-down that allows me to move selected messages into them. Am I just being a doofus?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I notice that any folders other than the default ones seem to have been lost in the transfer (although the messages they contained are still there). I created a couple of new ones, but can't find an option in the drop-down that allows me to move selected messages into them. Am I just being a doofus?

Ignore me! I've just found it. I'm sure it wasn't there a minute ago! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom