Senior Moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KEEF

Veteran
Fitted a new computer to my bike yesterday then spent 2 hours trying to work out why the rear mech would only change down and not up. my neighbour dropped by to ask what I was doing and what was wrong with the bike as I explained cable tension indexing etc I noticed I had cable tied the rear mech cable to the downtube Doh:blush:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
An early warning of things to come?

ChrisKH

Guru
I once had a door which was dragging on a newly fitted carpet. Took off the door and planed the wood, re-fitted, still dragging. Repeated operation twice and still the door was dragging.

I had been planing the top of the door. :blush:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
KEEF said:
Fitted a new computer to my bike yesterday then spent 2 hours trying to work out why the rear mech would only change down and not up. my neighbour dropped by to ask what I was doing and what was wrong with the bike as I explained cable tension indexing etc I noticed I had cable tied the rear mech cable to the downtube Doh:blush:

hahahaha

KEEF said:

We've all done that That's unique in my experience.

:blush::ohmy:

Rhythm Thief said:
We've all done that That's unique in my experience.
:blush::biggrin:
Nope.

I've done something similar in securing my lamp battery in the bottle cage. To keep it from jolting loose, you're supposed to wrap a velcro tape around the battery, cage and down tube.

But not the gear cables...:ohmy::blush:;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
ChrisKH said:
I once had a door which was dragging on a newly fitted carpet. Took off the door and planed the wood, re-fitted, still dragging. Repeated operation twice and still the door was dragging.

I had been planing the top of the door. :blush:

How far down do you think you might have got before you noticed(of course, you did notice, but you know what I mean)? The stable door look is very 'in' right now...xx(

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am only 28 and I do things like that all the time, so, it looks pretty grim for me, doesn't it?? xx(:blush:

Then again, I do have brain damage so I have at least SOME excuse!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I tweaked the brakes mid-ride for Mrs rich p once and when we set off again she complained that I'd buggered them up completely. It turned out that she'd put a bungee over the rack and through the rear wheel:rolleyes:

Top Bottom