Senior riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any senior riders on this forum?
I brought a new bike this spring to give me the incentives to exercise more and it has worked.
Iam riding the state bike trails, and enjoy reading about the history of the area, they have signs posted along the trails ,with old photographs and information of the location.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
:welcome:to cyclechat.

There are no senior riders here, we are all young ... at heart! ;)

Actually, I AM young! I'm not yet 60! (Double checks calendar to make sure)

Well there must be a good few seniors on here, well I'm one as just comming up to my 75th birthday. I took up cycling again at 65 to have more of a heathly lifestyle after a fairly sedentarly job fortunatly I took to it and now find that as the years go by find I don't go anyware near as far as I did but still enjoy it even if after all this time havn't found a comfortable saddle yet! So I don't plan to give up tillthe knees tellme to.

Any senior riders on this forum?
I brought a new bike this spring to give me the incentives to exercise more and it has worked.
Iam riding the state bike trails, and enjoy reading about the history of the area, they have signs posted along the trails ,with old photographs and information of the location.

I think there are lots of us in our 60s, 70s and 80s. Maybe beyond!
Is that 'senior' enough for you? I'm right in the middle of that age range, but I think of it as my second - and better - youth.

Debade

Über Member
I am one from across the pond. My wife and I commute, exercise and tour by bike. A few years ago we had a terrific bike tour along the N. Sea. We started in Edinburgh and finished in Copenhagen. That trip was one of the reasons I joined this forum. And not long after that we rode Florence to Paris. We were treated very well everywhere we visited.

OP
OP
L

Lumpytires

Well thank you all for your reply 's
Iam 73 , ride just about every morning short ride, 4 to 5 miles, when I can get to a state trail, I've gone up to 19 miles, this morning 14 miles.
Hope my wife starts riding, just dropped my old bike off at the pro bike shop, to have it all tuned up, plus new tires and brakes, she says she's going to ride it, will see.

OP
OP
L

Lumpytires

Well thank you all for your reply 's
Iam 73 , ride just about every morning short ride, 4 to 5 miles, when I can get to a state trail, I've gone up to 19 miles, this morning 14 miles.
Hope my wife starts riding, just dropped my old bike off at the pro bike shop, to have it all tuned up, plus new tires and brakes, she says she's going to ride it, will see.

When this site let's me post pictures, I will share me rides with everyone.

Sharky

Guru
I think in the UK TIMETRIAL world, a senior is from 19 to 39 yrs old. 40 and upwards are classed as Veterans, (aka vets.) so I am no longer a senior, but a vet and have been for the last 32 years.

Incidently, just rode our club's 10 mile trial tonight and the rider in front was a 13 Yr old lass. That's an age difference of 59 yrs! Didn't catch her, she beat me by a few seconds and I did a 30:40. No doubt she will be one to watch in a few years time.

Top Bottom