Senior riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
58 and suddenly realised wherever I go (apart from national trust sites) I'm always the oldest there......depressing !!

Erasmus

Our little gang of slow old duffers (acronym there in itself) refer to ourselves as f.o.s.s.i.l's - fat old silly somethings in lycra (words for the s's vary...)

Gwylan

Veteran
Well there must be a good few seniors on here, well I'm one as just comming up to my 75th birthday. I took up cycling again at 65 to have more of a heathly lifestyle after a fairly sedentarly job fortunatly I took to it and now find that as the years go by find I don't go anyware near as far as I did but still enjoy it even if after all this time havn't found a comfortable saddle yet! So I don't plan to give up tillthe knees tellme to.

Welcome to my world!

Fredo76

Über Member
The Beatles wrote a song about my age. I'm still fed, and I think I'm at least a nice-to-have, maybe a little nicer after re-starting cycling a couple years ago. I'm half as fast as I used to be, and haven't yet ridden half as far as I used to ride, but I feel better than I have in a long time.

Congratulations!

Keep it fun and you'll keep it up. :smile:

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
There is an actual Old Farts cycle Jersey on the internet.

Thanks for the info postman. Just added it to my 'must have' list.

1654928977782.png

Mart44

Über Member
I'm 77 and took up off-road cycling as a born again cyclist at age 52. Gave that up around 4 years ago. I am now much more sedate and ride a Scott e-bike on the road most of the time. I still have my Claud Butler mountain bike and ride it sometimes but I think tackling some of the off-road hills I used to ride up would be out of the question now ..but still onwards and upwards eh? ..or onwards, along and preferably downwards. :smile:

Top Bottom