Sequels that should never have been written

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

longers said:
A lad from our school was supposedly caught mid stroke with a copy of that Judge Dredd comic :ohmy: :smile: :tongue:

If it was 2000AD, it was probably Halo Jones he was thinking about. If not then I dread to think.

leahhalo.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Fnaar said:
I read the Hobbit at school, and thought it was a whole big pile of toss, so I never bothered with LOTR. Those who did (we were 13, it was the early 70s) tended to be those who wore military coats from the army surplus store, and were rather too keen on masturbation, and having communal showers after PE. :tongue:

I am rather worried that when you were 13 you thought it was odd to masturbate... what were you doing? Adding to your stamp collection? :ohmy:

yello

Fnaar said:
Those who did (we were 13, it was the early 70s) tended to be those who wore military coats from the army surplus store, and were rather too keen on masturbation, and having communal showers after PE. :smile:

That's around the age and era that I read Hobbit and LOTR but the rest doesn't fit! But I did collect stamps :smile: I can't say I recall overly enjoying the books, seemed a bit long winded and like a tedious history lesson (as I remember, I preferred Michael Moorcock at the time) but I do reckon that 10 - 15 is around about the age they can be enjoyed. Similarly, the Harry Potter books. I've not read them myself, so am prepared to accept that there could be something in them for adults, but I just can't imagine there's much in them for me now.

I also read my way through Ian Fleming's James Bond novels. To keep on topic, but I'm not sure it really counts, I found the 'Fleming Bond sequel' by Robert Markham (was it called Colonel Sun??) very very disappointing. I believe someone else has written a Bond book quite recently, no?

Edit: Out of interest, I decided to do a bit of googling....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Care_(novel)

...Sebastian Faulks wrote the 'new' Bond book. What I didn't realise was that there have been heaps of others and that 'Robert Markham' is Kingsley Amis!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
I am rather worried that when you were 13 you thought it was odd to masturbate... what were you doing? Adding to your stamp collection? :smile:

OK, fair enough, as a teenager I must have bashed the bishop with the best of 'em :biggrin::smile:

Top Bottom