Series of bike thefts from SECC Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi all!
Beware of leaving your bikes at the Secc (Glasgow) bike racks, 5 bikes have been stolen from there in the last few weeks, including mine :sad:
Thieves have been operating at busy evening time and also during the day.
One one occasion they have abandoned two bikes for better ones, I took a picture, if they are yours talk to the SECC security.
One is a large frame Btween, the other a small frame Pinnacle.
If you see a matt black trek front disk brake, rear V-brake, with rack, panniers, yellow rain cover, black mudguards with a Glasgow Cycling Festival sticker on the back it's mine!!!
Thank you, here is the picture of the abandoned bikes, SECC security put a chain round them.
Stolen Bikes 1.jpg Stolen bikes 2.jpg

This is a picture of my stolen bike, but the front wheel on it is now a Mavic on Hope hubs:
Colombo leads.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sorry to hear that your bike was one of the ones they have taken. :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry your bike was stolen :sad:
Maybe check local Gumtree ads, just in case, or if you're on Facebook post a wee pic?
Hope you get bike back, undamaged.
Any selling pages in the area?
Not on this side of midnight, or e bay.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Sorry your bike was stolen :sad:
Maybe check local Gumtree ads, just in case, or if you're on Facebook post a wee pic?
Hope you get bike back, undamaged.
Thanks @Mrs M, I've alerted everyone I could think of, plus I've set alerts on gumtree and ebay.
I wouldn't have thought that kind of bike is desirable, quite hefty, a typical commuting workhorse. Mind, the components are quite expensive, but it's a hybrid flat bar, not a carbon racer. Maybe they'll strip it for the parts :sad:

Does the SECC have CTV in the vicinity?
Well, they build the bike park about 3 years ago, supposed to be secured, because they were fed up of all the bikes hidden inside, a fire hazard and so on.
We know now that security cannot see a thing the way the camera is placed :cursing:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I feel your pain. Having a bike nicked really hurts.

IMHO punishment should suit the crime. I would use the thieving scums lock cutting tools to remove various bits of their anatomy.
I got castigated on here a few years back for suggesting a return of the 'Stocks' for the scum, I still support that view but 'hacking bits off them'.................

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks @Mrs M, I've alerted everyone I could think of, plus I've set alerts on gumtree and ebay.
I wouldn't have thought that kind of bike is desirable, quite hefty, a typical commuting workhorse. Mind, the components are quite expensive, but it's a hybrid flat bar, not a carbon racer. Maybe they'll strip it for the parts :sad:

Well, they build the bike park about 3 years ago, supposed to be secured, because they were fed up of all the bikes hidden inside, a fire hazard and so on.
We know now that security cannot see a thing the way the camera is placed :cursing:
Have you been into cash convertor. Local one has a way of alerting the other shops to stolen goods. So long as you can prove they were yours. I'm not disputing what's been said, it's a requirement on their part.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Well, we don't know the sex of the perpetrators, maybe there are no bits to hack off :whistle:
Anyhow, there are now 2 abandoned bikes, left for stealing better ones.
I feel for the poor owners :sad:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Have you been into cash convertor. Local one has a way of alerting the other shops to stolen goods. So long as you can prove they were yours. I'm not disputing what's been said, it's a requirement on their part.
I actually haven't, been on long shifts since it happened, will look into this, thanks Classic!

Top Bottom