1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series of bike thefts from SECC Glasgow

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes' started by Pat "5mph", 10 Dec 2016.

1. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Hi all!
    Beware of leaving your bikes at the Secc (Glasgow) bike racks, 5 bikes have been stolen from there in the last few weeks, including mine :sad:
    Thieves have been operating at busy evening time and also during the day.
    One one occasion they have abandoned two bikes for better ones, I took a picture, if they are yours talk to the SECC security.
    One is a large frame Btween, the other a small frame Pinnacle.
    If you see a matt black trek front disk brake, rear V-brake, with rack, panniers, yellow rain cover, black mudguards with a Glasgow Cycling Festival sticker on the back it's mine!!!
    Thank you, here is the picture of the abandoned bikes, SECC security put a chain round them.
    Stolen Bikes 1.jpg Stolen bikes 2.jpg

This is a picture of my stolen bike, but the front wheel on it is now a Mavic on Hope hubs:
    Colombo leads.jpg

2. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Sorry to hear that your bike was one of the ones they have taken. :sad:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  3. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

Sorry your bike was stolen :sad:
    Maybe check local Gumtree ads, just in case, or if you're on Facebook post a wee pic?
    Hope you get bike back, undamaged.

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  4. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this..........

That sucks! Hope you get your bike back Pat. Also, in the spirit of Christmas, I hope the thieving scumbags fall off one of these stolen bikes and break all their limbs :angry:

5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Thieving scum, hope the feds manage to find it, I'll bet they have a good idea of who it is by which little scrote has just been released.

skudupnorth, Banjo and Pat "5mph" like this.
  6. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

This might cheer you up. Thieves in the centre of London in the middle of the day try to steal an expensive motorbike, but were thwarted.

http://dailym.ai/2gSkP0f

Mad Doug Biker and Pat "5mph" like this.
  7. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Any selling pages in the area?
    Not on this side of midnight, or e bay.

8. GGJ

GGJ Über Member

Does the SECC have CTV in the vicinity?

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  9. Pat "5mph"

Thanks @Mrs M, I've alerted everyone I could think of, plus I've set alerts on gumtree and ebay.
    I wouldn't have thought that kind of bike is desirable, quite hefty, a typical commuting workhorse. Mind, the components are quite expensive, but it's a hybrid flat bar, not a carbon racer. Maybe they'll strip it for the parts :sad:

Well, they build the bike park about 3 years ago, supposed to be secured, because they were fed up of all the bikes hidden inside, a fire hazard and so on.
    We know now that security cannot see a thing the way the camera is placed :cursing:

10. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

I feel your pain. Having a bike nicked really hurts.

IMHO punishment should suit the crime. I would use the thieving scums lock cutting tools to remove various bits of their anatomy.

11. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

I got castigated on here a few years back for suggesting a return of the 'Stocks' for the scum, I still support that view but 'hacking bits off them'.................

skudupnorth likes this.
  12. classic33

Have you been into cash convertor. Local one has a way of alerting the other shops to stolen goods. So long as you can prove they were yours. I'm not disputing what's been said, it's a requirement on their part.

13. Pat "5mph"

Well, we don't know the sex of the perpetrators, maybe there are no bits to hack off :whistle:
    Anyhow, there are now 2 abandoned bikes, left for stealing better ones.
    I feel for the poor owners :sad:

raleighnut likes this.
  14. Pat "5mph"

I actually haven't, been on long shifts since it happened, will look into this, thanks Classic!

skudupnorth likes this.
  15. classic33

77257.jpeg

Cycleops likes this.