Series of bike thefts from SECC Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It'll require going into one of the shops. Done it a few times with items stolen from where I worked.
I've got one local to me, will pop in tomorrow before work.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Well, we don't know the sex of the perpetrators, maybe there are no bits to hack off :whistle:
Anyhow, there are now 2 abandoned bikes, left for stealing better ones.
I feel for the poor owners :sad:

I was thinking of fingers ,what were you thinking of ?
Good Luck I hope you get it back, A guy on the Audax forum recently got his bike back after spotting it on ebay so there is at least some hope.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If you see a matt black trek front disk brake, rear V-brake, with rack, panniers, yellow rain cover, black mudguards with a Glasgow Cycling Festival sticker on the back it's mine!!!

Have you listed it on www.stolen-bikes.co.uk ? They are integrated with www.findthatbike.co.uk which trawls all of the main UK classified adverts for bikes for sale each day and lists them on its site. You can search by make, model and area.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Have you listed it on www.stolen-bikes.co.uk ? They are integrated with www.findthatbike.co.uk which trawls all of the main UK classified adverts for bikes for sale each day and lists them on its site. You can search by make, model and area.
I did, thanks @glasgowcyclist.
Finally I found time to report it to the Police, the man that took the report said he never had such a detailed description of a stolen bike, it was all Greek to him!
I stopped short of giving him the gear ratio :laugh:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Must be the season, we had 3 bikes stolen from our work bike shed last week on the Wednesday night circa 1830hrs, came back two nights later to try it on again but were spotted and done a runner. All bikes now being kept inside the building for the foreseeable.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

All bikes now being kept inside the building for the foreseeable.
Same in my work, Health and Safety man can go take a hike.
I'm going to a Belles dinner later ... taking the train :sad:
Was in the Barrows market earlier, in the off chance I see my bike.
Did not see it, but saw a shady character doing the rounds, trying to sell a Focus MB to the stall holders :cursing:

classic33

Leg End Member
Same in my work, Health and Safety man can go take a hike.
I'm going to a Belles dinner later ... taking the train :sad:
Was in the Barrows market earlier, in the off chance I see my bike.
Did not see it, but saw a shady character doing the rounds, trying to sell a Focus MB to the stall holders :cursing:
The like is for telling the H&S man to take take a hike.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hi all!
Beware of leaving your bikes at the Secc (Glasgow) bike racks, 5 bikes have been stolen from there in the last few weeks, including mine :sad:
Thieves have been operating at busy evening time and also during the day.
One one occasion they have abandoned two bikes for better ones, I took a picture, if they are yours talk to the SECC security.
One is a large frame Btween, the other a small frame Pinnacle.
If you see a matt black trek front disk brake, rear V-brake, with rack, panniers, yellow rain cover, black mudguards with a Glasgow Cycling Festival sticker on the back it's mine!!!
Thank you, here is the picture of the abandoned bikes, SECC security put a chain round them.
View attachment 153963 View attachment 153964

This is a picture of my stolen bike, but the front wheel on it is now a Mavic on Hope hubs:
View attachment 153965
Just seen this Pat; sorry to hear of your misfortune at the hands of thieving toe-rags :cursing:.
To think that I have left bikes unlocked at the SECC :sad:, but only while I nipped into the toilet, inside the building. Won't be doing that again!
I will keep an eye open for the Trek if I'm up in the big bad city; you never know.....
It really pi55es me off that we have to be so careful about where we leave our bikes, even with good locks. It actually puts me off using it as transport at times, if I know I'm going to have to leave it unattended somewhere. It gets a bit restrictive if you can only use a bike for home to home loops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom