Serious post for once but there's a mad man running about Cumbria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Latest 12 dead and 25 injured.

One of the poor victims was a woman who has been gunned down on the street outside my front door :biggrin:

My thoughts and prayers to all the injured and the families and friends of the deceased.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
@

longers

Legendary Member
mcshroom said:
My thoughts and prayers to all the injured and the families and friends of the deceased.

Indeed, he's done some terrible damage to families and communities over a fairly wide area.

Knew you were from round there mcshroom, take care eh?

TVC

mcshroom said:
Latest 12 dead and 25 injured.

One of the poor victims was a woman who has been gunned down on the street outside my front door ;)

Hope you and yours are all OK mate, my thoughts are with you and your neighbours.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've been round my neighbours, and everyone seems to be ok, although one of my neighbours was in her flat at the time and she is rather shaken up. Unfortunately I don't know who the victim was outside my flat, but she must have been reasonably local as she was walking home with her shopping.

The man killed on Egremont bridge was a friend of my other next door neighbour, and I've had some long conversations with him when he's explained stuff about the area from before I moved here.

What brings it home to me is the cyclist interviewed by the BBC, I've seen him quite a few times and I can picture how he must have felt having cycled the same road hundreds of times.

The bodies have now been removed, but there are two wet patches on the roads where they've had to wash down the road.

Thanks for the kind comments, and I am fine (although I did just spend an hour contemplating things in the churchyard). To be fair I was miles away until hours afterwards, but it did feel wierd with all the police outside the window, and seeing my flat on tv.

There are many a lot worse off than myself ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
My neighbour is a copper and there was a time yesterday afternoon when they were all poised to pile into a riot van and race up to Cumbria to help find the bloke. Their biggest worry was that he would change his car.i

rh100

jethro10 said:
Yeah,
I work about 2 miles from the original shooting.
Brother in law works at one of the places there was a shooting.

Were all locked up inside work and shops.
Quite scary as it's a quiet rural place really....

Jeff

mcshroom said:
I've been round my neighbours, and everyone seems to be ok, although one of my neighbours was in her flat at the time and she is rather shaken up. Unfortunately I don't know who the victim was outside my flat, but she must have been reasonably local as she was walking home with her shopping.

The man killed on Egremont bridge was a friend of my other next door neighbour, and I've had some long conversations with him when he's explained stuff about the area from before I moved here.

What brings it home to me is the cyclist interviewed by the BBC, I've seen him quite a few times and I can picture how he must have felt having cycled the same road hundreds of times.

The bodies have now been removed, but there are two wet patches on the roads where they've had to wash down the road.

Thanks for the kind comments, and I am fine (although I did just spend an hour contemplating things in the churchyard). To be fair I was miles away until hours afterwards, but it did feel wierd with all the police outside the window, and seeing my flat on tv.

There are many a lot worse off than myself :sad:

Glad you are both ok.

This is beyond comprehension for me, I can't imagine what it must be like for you and your neighbours.

Top Bottom