Set of tubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
I’ve had a set of wheels and tubs in the shed for a year or so, thought I might as well start using them. Haven’t really bothered with tubs before. Pumped them up, everything feels good and solid, but I didn’t know if the bond decays over time and when tyres are left flat?

34C49D5C-8BF2-4007-B9FD-41E6845F2C2C.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Are they taped or glued? Glued can degrade over time, which reminds me that I need to check my son's 5-spoke and disc rear for this weekend's track nationals.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Should be okay but the glue does go hard and brittle over time. Check by trying to pull them off, if they stay put with a reasonable amount of effort should be fine.

OP
OP
J

johnblack

Über Member
Are they taped or glued? Glued can degrade over time, which reminds me that I need to check my son's 5-spoke and disc rear for this weekend's track nationals.
Just noticed that they are a latex inner, Conti comp pro Ltd alx. I don’t really want to run with sealant, but rather carry a small bottle in case needed. I’m sure I’ve heard that you need to be careful of which sealant you use with latex?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@johnblack - we don't use sealant but I can't see why not if it's the correct one. Orange Seal sealant seems to be OK; https://cyclingtips.com/2020/10/sho...lant-inside-tubular-tyres-pro-teams-think-so/

Top Bottom