Setting new standards in stupidity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I live quite close to my town centre, so normally walk into town for errands. A while back I had been further afield, so took the car, but stopped off in town to pick up something on the way home.

I then made my way home, and as I got to my house, I was shocked to find that my car wasn't in its usual space. Yes, when I came out the shop I had been in, I had forgotten I had the car with me and walked home :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ha i can beat that . i lost my three year old son once and frantically looked around for asked my other son had he seen matt and he replied he still sat on your shoulders . he had been up there so long that it felt just normal that this weight was on my shoulders and i had forgotten all about him . daft thing was i still had his legs in my hands
Good to see such strong competition.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
More than once I've gone to bed at night and left the car door / car window / front door open.

Never an issue, which is surprising given where I live.
Only once I've gone to bed at night and left the back door unlocked.

Some scrote walked in and nicked my wallet, which is surprising given where I live, and it was the only time that I did it! It made me wonder whether people were trying our back doors every night, just in case ...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It wasn't me, but a friend whilst caving complaining that he needed a new caving lamp as his current one was getting rather dim - "try taking your clip on sunglasses off" - was the suggestion

I'd have said,

'Its not your lamp that's dim, its you!!' :laugh:

Some scrote walked in and nicked my wallet, which is surprising given where I live, and it was the only time that I did it! It made me wonder whether people were trying our back doors every night, just in case ...

We are always quite careful, mainly because we have an alarm (and also because my Sister seems to be incapable of locking anything, so when she comes, we are all on high alert), but certainly for a while back, we were convinced people were walking through our garden at night. A camera was suggested, but then the wall fell down and we got a new fence, and I cannot say I've had any more suspicions of people using us as a short cut since!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Jeez, I somehow just got it into my head that today was Monday. I looked up at my clock and saw that the calendar said Fri 1 Aug. The time was correct but the calendar must have frozen 3 days ago. So, I took the clock off the wall and corrected it to say Mon 4 Aug.

Then I remembered that I had been to the local Thu market what seemed like yesterday. I put that down to not sleeping properly last night. I must be tired and have just forgotten what I did Fri, Sat and Sun ...

And next I saw the new Fri Night is ... thread and wondered why it had been started on Mon night! :wacko:

Oh well, time to get the clock back off the wall to put the day/date back to Fri 1! :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member

reminds of a mate's story. He got back home late after an evening of (ahem) "fine dining" and had forgotten his key. Fortunately the back door was unlocked. He sat down in the kitchen for a moment and nodded off. Awaking rather suddenly and rather early in the morning it suddenly dawns on him that he's in someone else's house! He managed to leave quietly with the houseowner hopefully none the wise

ColinJ

reminds of a mate's story. He got back home late after an evening of (ahem) "fine dining" and had forgotten his key. Fortunately the back door was unlocked. He sat down in the kitchen for a moment and nodded off. Awaking rather suddenly and rather early in the morning it suddenly dawns on him that he's in someone else's house! He managed to leave quietly with the houseowner hopefully none the wise
My ex woke up one morning and found that she must have got up during the night and had a midnight feast but then forgotten about it. Various half-eaten food items were lying about on the kitchen worktops. Her back door key was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor.

A few hours later, a policeman knocked on the door and told her that she had been burgled during the night. Well, specifically, that someone had got in and had eaten lots of her food!

A burglar had been caught in a house down the road and had asked for the food theft to be 'taken into consideration'. Turned out that he had pushed the key out of the lock and reached through the cat flap to pick it up and let himself in. After he had finished eating, he had locked the door after him and put the key back through the cat flap! :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My ex woke up one morning and found that she must have got up during the night and had a midnight feast but then forgotten about it. Various half-eaten food items were lying about on the kitchen worktops. Her back door key was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor.

A few hours later, a policeman knocked on the door and told her that she had been burgled during the night. Well, specifically, that someone had got in and had eaten lots of her food!

A burglar had been caught in a house down the road and had asked for the food theft to be 'taken into consideration'. Turned out that he had pushed the key out of the lock and reached through the cat flap to pick it up and let himself in. After he had finished eating, he had locked the door after him and put the key back through the cat flap! :laugh:

I don't think it was my mate ... for starters he got away with it, though helping himself to food wouldn't have been beyond him

tyred

Legendary Member
There was the time I spent so long queuing in the post office that by the time I reach the front of the queue, I had forgotten why I was there adn came out again only to find the small parcel I had meant to post still in my coat pocket:banghead:

Top Bottom