Setting Up Bike Computer ( Instructions Are All In German)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just brought a cheap bike computer from Lidil's but found that all the instructions are in German. Any help much apprciated.

where do i place the magnet on the spokes so it can be read by the sensor does it have to be a pacific distance from the center of the wheel?

In the set up menu it asks me to set up H-format can anyone explain what that is?

Many thanks for any help.

It doesn't matter where the magnet is, as long as it placed in line with the sensor. The sensor only records one revolution of the wheel whether its at the top or bottom of the wheel, it makes no difference, its still 1 revolution.
I'm guessing that the H-format will take you into a section where you can specify the distance one circumference of the wheel covers (eg 2010mm). You'll probably also be able to set the kmh/mph, time, base distance (odometer, zero if its new) and things like that.

OP
OP
roundisland
Thanks for the reply. I dont want to sound too thick here but setting up things like this is not my strongest point.

Your right I've changed it from Kmh to mph.

It also askes for SETUP- WS which i am guessig s wheel size? I guess its curcial to get the wheel size setting right or the readings wont be correct. If the magnet is placed 3inches from the outer edge of the tyre and I give the distance in which the outer circumferance of the wheel travels then will it still give me an acuate reading?

Thank you

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It's a single revolution of the wheel each time the sensor gets detected - doesn't matter where you place it between the outer and inner 'edges' of the wheel, you just need the distance that the wheel has travelled in 1 complete revolution.

So - if your wheel travels 2m in one turn then this is the calue that goes into the computer... the sensor position doesn't need to be taken into account as it's only being clocked once for each complete turn of the wheel.... is that any clearer? :biggrin:

Mr Pig

I wouldn't use a German cycle computer. It'll only work when you're heading towards Poland and give you stern messages if you're not going fast enough.

jimboalee

Put the magnet close to the hub, in the V created by the spokes so that centrifugal force pushes the magnet into the V.

With the magnet close to the hub, the velocity of the magnet passing the sensor is less, and therefore is in proximity for a longer time giving a more pronounced signal.

Top Bottom