setting up front derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bonj2

spandex said:
I was just asking how old you was if thats not sensible I dont know what is if you would like to know im 30.
well that's a question that unfortunately gives rise to two further questions, (a) how old do you think i am, (:smile: why do you want to know, and (c) why does it matter

sorry that's three further questions

Did your mum or dad tell you it was very bad to answer a question with a question it is rude.

a) I dont know as I cant see you.

:smile: I was just thinking how old you might be.

c) it dose not matter.

d) why dose it matter to you on this forum none of as know you out side of it (I think) you are just known as bonj.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

seriously, spandex, i have no intention of being hostile, but you must know i'm hardly a numpty as regards bikes so if i come on here asking a question and you dive in with the most basic of responses, then you can't really blame me when I see right through your silly attempt at valour - so don't act all shocked at my apparent 'ungratefulness' please. And you know full well it's you who started sneering, so you can't really blame me for condemning the forum simply for the fact the supposed know-it-alls are just twunts like you and mickle who do nothing but jeer and look down your nose at anyone who isn't a young woman beginner cyclist who you can be seen to take under your wing and who'll probably fall for it.
Nah, this forum's good for banter, among people who are generally into cycling, but it's no good for anything cycle-related or bike know-how.

Dave5N

Über Member
I'm astonished at this. We just wanted to help. But we get abused.

Mickle. I had to lever back the gear hanger on my son's 'cross bike today after several crashes had pushed the mech out of line. It was throwing the chain, y'see.

It actually happened. There was a problem, it was sorted. It didn't agree with your theoreitical view, but it happened.

What do I do? Believe you, or trust to my own senses? Do you actually know anything about bikes at all?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Dave, IGNORE him. Mickle's basically got some bike-related job and it's given him a chip on his shoulder, because he thinks he should know more about bikes than anyone else on the forum, and gets a very angry bee in his bonnet when this isn't always seen to be the case - and spandex is basically just his lackey or his bird or his mate or something.
I think your suggestion was, while not the cause of my problems, a very valid suggestion and I definitely did investigate it 'cos I had problems with that on a previous bike.

Dave5N said:

Mickle. I had to lever back the gear hanger on my son's 'cross bike today after several crashes had pushed the mech out of line. It was throwing the chain, y'see.

It actually happened. There was a problem, it was sorted. It didn't agree with your theoreitical view, but it happened.

What do I do? Believe you, or trust to my own senses? Do you actually know anything about bikes at all?

Put yer handbag away love, calm down, breath deeply, and try to explain what happened.

You are suggesting that the rear hanger, being bended, caused the chain to fall off the front sprockets?

Dave5N

Über Member
yep

Dave5N said:

In the crashes did the front chain ring get hit? I know with my kids they keep on riding into each over and the chain rings do and have got bent. It just takes 4 or 5 mil to do it.

Dave5N

Über Member
I have spent thirty years or more looking after bikes. I don't need you to tell me what to to do. I do what I do. It works. If my diagnoses are wrong, I'm sorrry. Because I assure you that my solutions are right.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The chain feed onto the Front chainrings comes from the cassette, SO in theory bending a rear mech shouldn't have any effect on the chain falling off the chainrings.

This whole thread is based on a nonsensical mechanic not being able to set-up his bike and should be consigned to that sad bunch of threads that make us look like bike nerds :rolleyes:

Top Bottom